No announcement yet.

The Doonesbury "Say What?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma has more than its fair share.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

• "I call them 'The Beyonce Voters'...They depend on government because they're not depending on their husbands. They need things like contraception, health care, and they love to talk about equal pay."

Fox's Jesse Watters on single women

And to think, this moron claims to be helping women. Right as he was being banned from a N.O.W. conference for being an asshole.

Comment

• "It is a greater thing to be a good citizen than to be a good Republican or a good Democrat."

Gifford Pinchot

Well put good sir.

Comment

• "President George W. Bush led our nation through some of the most challenging moments of our nation's history -- and we miss him and his leadership."

GOP.com sales pitch for the "I Miss W" t-shirt

What leadership?

The counter shirt to this could read "At least Obama's excuse for not getting anything done is a oppositional Congress. What was Bush's excuse?"

Comment

• "He has become a dictator. He is running amok. He is not following the Constitution."
            -- Iowa GOP Senate candidate Joni Ernst on Obama, in January

"I obviously do not believe the president is a dictator, but his repeated use of unilateral action sure makes him look like one."
            -- Ernst on Obama, this week

I believe it's called "getting tired of the GOP's shit".

Comment

• "Even with $3.7B that's requested, there's no way what's being called for is going to stop the invasion that's occurring...I'm hoping my governor will utilize Article 1, Section 10, that allows a state that is being invaded -- in our case more than twice as many just in recent months [as] invaded France on D-Day-- ...to use whatever means, whether it's troops, even using ships of war, even exacting a tax on interstate commerce...to stop the invasion."

Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert on influx of unaccompanied minors across U.S. border

Wow. Hoping for military response to refugees? That's sad.

Comment

• more basically, that clause is for military invasions- basically, that a state doesn't have to wait for the Federal Government to defend itself.

Comment

• "When I say [gay people are] born that way, the tendency is there. [But] my point is that Boy Scout leaders, YMCA leaders, and others bring them in that direction, and teachers. And if you look over the history of societies, you will find, of course, that some of the highly intelligent people... Oscar Wilde, Aristotle, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera, were all homosexuals... But the point is, look at that, once a society moves in that direction, the vitality goes out of that society. Now, isn't that right, Henry?"

from newly-released Nixon tape, 4-28-71

Gee, Nixon was bigot. Who'da thunk?

Comment

• "The demonization of carbon dioxide is just like the demonization of the poor Jews under Hitler. Carbon dioxide is actually a benefit to the world, and so were the Jews."

George c. Marshall Institute chairman and climate change denier William Happer, on CNBC

Can we PLEASE lock him in a cabinet with no air holes so he gets a first hand demonstration when the balance goes out of whack? That way it's not advocating violence, it's science experiment!

Comment

• I think it's high time to invent that time machine and retroactively kill Hitler, if not just for the saving of millions, but also for the elimination of Godwin's Law.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
                        I think it's high time to invent that time machine and retroactively kill Hitler, if not just for the saving of millions, but also for the elimination of Godwin's Law.
                        Won't help. The only thing that prevented a Soviet invasion of Europe was Hitler beating them to the punch. Same result just different faces.

Comment

• "Men do tend to talk about things on a much higher level. Many of my male colleagues, when they go to the House floor they've got some pie chart or graph behind them and they're talking about trillions of dollars and how the debt is awful and we all agree with that...We need our male colleagues to understand that if you can bring it down to a woman's level and what everything that she is balancing in her life -- that's the way to go."

Rep. Renee Ellers, on the GOP appealing to women voters

You know, there's a theory that a lobotomy is required to join the GOP. This further proves the case.

Comment

• “I wish my dog would stop licking the penises of other male dogs I love you, Derek (my dog) – but – don’t challenge my principles because my principles will likely win.”

-- Jack Renshaw, a student at Manchester University (UK) and the head of the BNP Youth

Apparently, Jackie boy apparently thinks that his dog is one of those "militant homosexuals" that he and his group rails against. That's a nice touch trying to protect the identity of the dog.
                            Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

• "If a person is gay and seeks God and has good will, who am I to judge?"
                              -- Pope Francis

"I think we would be totally in the right to do it...Ignoring as a nation that things are worthy of death is very remiss."
                              -- Oklahoma state congressional Tea Party candidate Scott Esk, on stoning-to-death for homosexuals

New slogan for the Tea Party: "We're so far-right insane that the Catholic Church is more progressive".

Comment

• someone needs to remind that dipshit that the only people that actually advocate stoning to death for homosexuality are hardline islamists.

Comment

Working...
                                X