No announcement yet.

The Doonesbury "Say What?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not even a matter of belief. It's intellectual interest. According to that "interviewer" (and I use the term VERY loosely) the shows on the History Channel about Jesus MUST be only made by devout (read: zealot) Christians or it doesn't count.

Ignoring the rest of the interview (and I feel "hack job" is too kind in that regard), this quoted portion shows that the concept of research and independent analysis are foreign concepts at Fox News.

Oh wait, that's been known for a while.

Comment

juts to make it even more ridiculous: Islam actually recognizes Jesus as a prophet. ( Basically, Islam says that Muhammed was the latest in a long line of prophets, and his teachings supersede the earlier ones, as opposed to the earlier ones not being the word of god IN THE FIRTS PLACE)

Comment

Finding out that Aslan is a Muslim is certainly going to add a new perspective to my next read-through of The Chronicles of Narnia.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

"Who am I to judge?"

Pope Francis, on gay priests

And now we get to watch the fundies freak out. I like this pope.

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
            "Who am I to judge?"

Pope Francis, on gay priests

And now we get to watch the fundies freak out. I like this pope.
            The Fundies think the Pope is the Anti-Christ anyway....

Comment

Originally posted by mikoyan29 View Post
              The Fundies think the Pope is the Anti-Christ anyway....
              Yeah but they think that anyone that isn't lock-step with them is the Anti-Christ. Which means 99.99% of the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
                Yeah but they think that anyone that isn't lock-step with them is the Anti-Christ. Which means 99.99% of the planet.
                They especially have it out for the Vatican though. Doesn't matter who the Pope is.

Comment

"You can quibble about beginnings, middles, and ends, but what we're talking about is over a year ago."

Anthony Weiner, asked if he is still sexting

I... don't really have anything to say about this one. Mainly because I haven't been following it and from what I've heard is largely the same outrage over the Clinton scandal which was just absurd.

Comment

"For everyone who's a valedictorian, there's another hundred out there who weigh a hundred and thirty pounds -- and they've got calves the size of cantaloupes because they're hauling seventy-five pounds of marijuana across the desert. Those people would be legalized with the same act."

Rep. Steve King, on illegal immigrants and the DREAM Act

Wow. Just wow. Umm, racist much?

Comment

also, IIRC, not true. I don't know the specifics, but I'm 99% sure that ( immigration laws aside, for obvious reasons) the law in question includes a provision that only those who've obeyed the law get whatever it was the DREAM act offered. (not to mention that it's drug law that is an issue with drug mules, not immigration law. IF a drug mule gained US citizenship, they would still be prosecutable under drug laws.)

Comment

"I'm going to be a successful mayor because of it, because it's going to give me a level of independence."

Anthony Weinter on sexting scandal

Meh, once again I've got nothing because I've bothered to get involved in it.

Comment

"One small step for me, a giant leap for robots."

Kirobo, thirteen-inch-tall talking humanoid robot launched by Japan, bound for the International Space Station

Oh dear God, the robot apocalypse is starting!!!!

Comment

There's something awesome about being held down and watching your family get raped on a beach."

"Community" creator and reinstated showrunner Dan Harmon, on the sitcom's previous season

Haven't followed this at all so I did a little digging. If this is a recent quote (as opposed to one from last year) then he's probably not going to last long back in his post.

Comment

I think they're playing catch up on the delay they had.

"He doesn't have a chin. Well he used to...but he suffers from what I like to call the-rump-of-corporate-elites-kiss-me-eitis...After years of kissing the corporate elites you just rub your chin right off."

primary candidate Ed Marksberry on Sen. Mitch McConnell

The funny thing is this quote can apply to pretty much any politician, regardless of position or political leaning.

Comment

"It is not proven, it's not science. It's more of a religion than a science."

Rep. Steve King, on climate change

Oh for the love of...

Creationism is a religion, Intelligent Design is a religion. Scientology is a... well it's a joke. Climate change has been researched and is PROVEN!

Ugh. And people wonder why "republican" and "science" do not go together.

Comment

Working...
                                X