No announcement yet.

Waiter angered by religious tract disguised as $10 tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use to work at a restaurant and that would get the customer either kicked out permanently or abused the second time they came in. Most if not all of the staff I worked with was some verity of Christen and they still worked on Sunday. This was because they had to. All of these waitresses where wonderful to work with and treated me very well.

This man was using his religious belief as an excuse to not give a tip and I have an issue with this. I though a Christian was suppose to be generous when you are blesses with wealth. His behavior as a "Christan" doesn't seem right to me.
    "Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe" -H. G. Wells

"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed" -Sir Francis Bacon

Comment

If her really wanted to show how generous and sincere he was he would have left a generous tip inside the pamphlet. At least that way he wouldnt be an asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by Eisa View Post
        Yep because accepting Jesus into your life means He will come over, pay all your bills, and even go to work for you. Gee, how awesome is that?
        http://www.thepaincomics.com/weekly050921.htm

First panel.

Rapscallion
        Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
        Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
          Has a pamphlet ever, in the history of the modern world, ever, ever actually converted someone to a specific faith? It seems like such a pointless, and honestly offensive, waste of time, effort and paper.
          The only example I've seen that even comes close is the Cyrisinhaid (powerful magical item which will convert anyone reading it to the worship of Cyric, found it the Forgotten Realms novel "Prince of Lies").

Comment

Working...
          X