No announcement yet.

Immunisations...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone needs to take Cynicat as a screen name.

And I, too am waiting with baited breath for Jenny McBitchy's response.

Comment

I never believed the vaccine-causes-autism thing neither.

I realised that by the time my daughter was 8 or 9 months old, she was "different". She never made eye contact with me, and she didn't respond to her name. Though she did love to be held and hugged and snuggled.

Plus at 8 or 9 months old, you don't get all the vaccines that are supposedly the "cause" for Autism, so how do you explain her?

I really believe that Autism is genetic.
      Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

So do I. Tho I'm the only one with an official diagnosis, it's possible my older brother also has Aspergers; he also has bad social skills and finds it difficult to relate to other people.
        "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

I was listening to Rush Limbaugh this afternoon whilst doing some errands.

He was crowing about how this study was deemed to be inaccurate and that "The Lancet" is retracting the article. He also mentioned that Jenny McCarthy was irresponsible for siding with the study and now she basically has "egg on her face." He also admonished the citizens out there for listening to any celebrity who is spouting as fact a study that is completely flawed.

He also said that anyone who followed the study and/or Ms. McCarthy's "wisdom" and didn't get theri kids immunised were idiots and because of them, measles were once again making a comeback and they should be round up and (I'm using my own words here) be hit by a Cluex4!

Which I think Jenny McCarthy should have happen to her.

Bah ... humbug.
          Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Comment

So we should listen to Rush Limbaugh when he says we shouldn't listen to celebrities?

Could that be a paradox?

Comment

Damn it Fryk, you beat me to it!

Comment

Honestly it's good it was debunked however I can understand wanting to cling to any explanation as to why it happened to your kid.

A lot of people have the mentality that if their kid is different or born different it is their fault.

My mom thinks homosexuality is caused by an overbearing mother (which she wasn't) so my being gay makes her think she was.
                Jack Faire
                Friend
                Father
                Smartass

Comment

To lordlunder & Fryk - He was just saying that some celebrities lend their names to wild, out-there studies claiming something or the other, and there is no other research that says it's truthful, but everyone latches on the at ONE STUDY because Celebrity X, Y, and Z are endorsing it.

jackfaire - it used to be said that children had Autism because of their over-protective, over-bearin mothers also. So does that mean we now have gay Autistic children? Geez ... everything is always the mother's fault, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by IDrinkaRum View Post
                    Geez ... everything is always the mother's fault, yes?
                    According to my brother who now lives in California but like I tell him it ain't mom's fault it's San Andreas Fault.
                    Jack Faire
                    Friend
                    Father
                    Smartass

Comment

*thwaps forehead*

Of course!

However, I don't know of any major fault line in the state of Virginia.

So I'm gonna blame ... the weather in general.

Thanks!

Comment

I never really believed the "vaccines cause autism" crap, either. While I sympathize with parents who have a disabled child, and I understand the need for them *not* to feel at fault...

It frosts me that people will blame anything and everything they possibly can and cause mass hysteria over it.

I understand it. In a way. But it still annoys me. I don't want to make anyone feel badly, but unfortunately, sometimes, when you reproduce, things aren't perfect. It's not really anyone's "fault." Its just genetics...but, I'm sure it's gotta be hard when it's your child.

And on the other hand, I can understand the people who believe this *not* wanting to see other parents go through what they did. I'm sure some people feel they help others prevent it from happening to them...(of course, then the kid will get something worse, like polio....but hey...)

Such a touchy subject.
                        "Children are our future" -LaceNeilSinger
                        "And that future is fucked...with a capital F" -AmethystHunter

Comment

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1225858547936

Bumping this thread up as an article here sums up most of this thread.

It's come in the wake of a scare interstate regarding a LOT of kids having adverse reactions to a FLU vaccine. So they've suspended the flu shots for kids under five until they can work out why the kids are having reactions.

Me? I think it's a batch problem as the problem didn't crop up until this year.

Comment

Working...
                          X