No announcement yet.

olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if one of the big reason the records, are not as advanced is due to not having the same level of competition?

what do you think of there being men and women divisions for chess?

Comment

Originally posted by SkullKing View Post
      What if one of the big reason the records, are not as advanced is due to not having the same level of competition?
      While it is possible, it's highly unlikely. There would have been outliers from places that didn't separate men from women in their practice that would have stood out. Since there have not been any of those, then it falls to the fact that there are physiological differences that put men and women at different levels in purely physical competition.

Originally posted by SkullKing View Post
      what do you think of there being men and women divisions for chess?
      I think it's unnecessary. Go has no segregation based on gender; I don't see why any other purely mental competition should, either.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

There were several disabled athletes competing in the olympics, one of the guys in the archery has only 20% vision, he's also ranked something like 2nd or 3rd in the world, all sports in the olympics are open to anyone wether thaey have a disability or not, however, except in some exceptional cases the non-disabled athletes have a major advantage which pretty much precludes an athlete with a disability qualifying for the olympics, even if they could still kick just about everyone elses asses at their chosen sport.

What I said in my thread is about arbitrary differences in treatment based solely on whether or not the recipient had a penis.
        But thats exactly what is happening.
        No, treatment based soley on gender would be a someone being paid double in the exact same job as someone else based soley on gender, in this case it's by the virtue of men having testicles, larger amounts of testosterone and larger and more numerous muscle fibers enabling them to out perform women. Basic physiology precludes men and women from being equal in a purely physical sense except in some extreme circumstances and even in those cases women have to work harer than men to reach that level.

Apologies if I may have rambled, I'm sleepy.
        I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
        Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

This chess segregation, is it just where you are or on the international league?

I mean a man can play against an AI but heaven forbid he should loose to a woman?

The fuck.

Comment

There should be no segregation in a purely mental pursuit, no.

Straight up physiology calls for segregation when it comes to atheletic pursuits though. While it is certainly possible for a male and a female to be physically equal, the amount and type of efforts required to reach that equality would not be equal.

If that makes any sense. -.-

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
              This chess segregation, is it just where you are or on the international league?

I mean a man can play against an AI but heaven forbid he should loose to a woman?

The fuck.
              At the top level there isn't a mens only event. It's an open division where women are also eligible; Judit Polgar was probably the most prominent female compeititor in open events.

Comment

Working...
              X