No announcement yet.

Size Really Matters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In both posts with regards to "need" of a truck. It sounds like both people you described needed them and used them properly. I know plenty of people who own trucks/SUV's and use them to haul horse trailers and the like...even if it isn't their "job" to do so.

My beef is with those who don't, never did, and never will need them AND can't handle driving them. If they ever actually had a *need* for a truck, they'd know what to do with the damn thing.

And yes, every once in awhile I see some jackass with a small car that can't park, either. Around here, it's usually the snob with the SUV, though.
    "Children are our future" -LaceNeilSinger
    "And that future is fucked...with a capital F" -AmethystHunter

Comment

Originally posted by Slytovhand View Post
      I walk
      Not surprising, you have to be suicidal to drive in China.
      I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
      Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
        Not to mention on the train. I get these parents getting on a crowded train and glaring at all of us adults standing there as if we should get off the train and wait for the next one so their little precious' stroller will fit.
        HELL yes!

The new Green Line trains (sacrficing seats and handholds for "accessibility" spaces that aren't even very well designed--someone's brother got paid well I'm sure) are wider and lower..."perfect" for those SUV strollers to trundle on board

I was on a train once during the morning rush hour, some family tries to squeeze a monstrosity on--this train is already packed to the gills, a cockup with dispatch combined with a few incidents meant that fewer trains were running inbound that day--and managed to block the doors on both sides (the train is about six feet wide more or less). Even the driver was hollering at them to get off and wait for a non-crowded train, to no avail. Each stop was three times as long as normal because people had to fight past this thing to get on and off, I almost fell face-first onto the platform trying to fight my way off at my stop (IIRC I misjudged the height of the damn stroller wheels and caught one with my foot).
        "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamstalker View Post
          The new Green Line trains (.
          Where are you again? *raising an eyebrow* We have a new green line here too and with it came new trains that look like something out of a sci fi movie. Some seats there isn't even enough leg room. You have to take up two seats to sit there because one seat is partially blocked.
          Jack Faire
          Friend
          Father
          Smartass

Comment

Buses round here won't let anyone bring a giant buggie on board. That's cuz there is no place to put them cuz they don't fold up, and it's dangerous to block the aisle. I once saw this woman bitching at a bus driver cuz he told her that.

"So how am I supposed to get home?" she screeched.

He just replied, "Take a cab; you obviously took one to get here, seeing as no bus would let you take that thing on."
            "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
              Don't forget, boys; the bigger the car, the smaller the penis.

I hate those huge baby buggies and people carriers, too; usually with just one child in them. Most of the women who have either are huge entitlement whores who can't drive for shit and end up shooting out of side turnings without looking. I once beeped my horn and swore at this bitch who did that, nearly hitting my motorbike side on. She stopped in the middle of the road and glared at me as if it was my fault that she hadn't opened her fucking eyes and actually looked before she drove out of a side turning. It being summer, she had her windows open so I shouted at her, "If I was driving a lorry, your child would be dead!" It then seemed to hit her, and she stalled the people carrier in the middle of the road and just sat there.
              SO is the exception to that rule. Unfortunately for me, I would have to drive a *shudder* mom-mobile if and when SO and I have kids since he's a big dude, 6'10" and given our families genetics there's a good chance our kids would be of titanic proportions. As much as I can't stand big cars, he knows that I'd rather drive some H3 than a mini-van. Mini-vans to me = boring, dowdy and are the epitome of "mom taxi's".
              There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

I kind of have this huge urge to buy one of those ungodly huge, gas sucking monster trucks with the lifted tires (so high up I'd need a ladder to get in) with the louder than hell muffler and paint it metallic hot pink.

Just to see what people would think.

And in response to the purses, yeah, I know it's a personal choice and I shouldn't judge people on the size of their bags....but I mean, when I spend the night at my bf's and I bring ALL of my toiletries to clean up with and get ready for bed (because I freak if I can't brush, swish, floss, cleanse, moisturize, and prevent acne)....that overnight bag is just slightly bigger than an average purse.

I just can't see why any girl would want a huge ass purse. I can't see why you'd want an incredibly small one either, save for if you were going out to the bar or a night on the town.....can't we just be practical

Comment

Originally posted by tropicsgoddess View Post
                  Mini-vans to me = boring, dowdy and are the epitome of "mom taxi's".
                  LOL it depends on what you do to it Most minivans are pretty boring--they're simply not designed to be sports cars. But, I do know a couple that have been tricked-out a bit. Both look completely stock until you see what's under the hood If I had the choice to get a minivan or a station wagon...the wagon would win hands-down. I'd get the most boring-looking car, like a Volvo 200-series wagon, and stuff a V8 into it. How's that for a sleeper?

Seriously though, unless I'm driving, or riding in the front seat...many smaller cars are simply too cramped for me. There's nowhere to put my feet, and I'm only 5'9"! In fact, that was why my parents eventually got rid of the station wagon and bought a minivan. 3 kids crammed into the back of that car, made long trips seem even longer.

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
                    Where are you again? *raising an eyebrow* We have a new green line here too and with it came new trains that look like something out of a sci fi movie. Some seats there isn't even enough leg room. You have to take up two seats to sit there because one seat is partially blocked.
                    Boston MA. Sure, the new ones have handicapped space, but the brakes suck (too stiff) and if the train stops too hard a lot of people go flying because there's no real place to hold onto if you're not standing in someone's lap.

The emergency handles are too-conveniently designed and situated to look like handholds to the masses. You can imagine the fun that can cause during rush hour if someone happens to pull it.
                    "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Working...
                    X