• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by insertNameHere View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,315477,00.html

if you want to complain its fox news

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Hor...ng_controversy
    its wikipedia but follow the links to the sources, im sure a few eventually pick up on the fact it was illegal aliens

I don't remember the original source I heard it from since it was a nice big topic in the headlines at the time which is about 2.5 years ago.

My viewpoint is this, they were ILLEGALLY in this country and were stealing shit from an American citizen. Those two points make it hard for me to give a shit about the death of someone who doesn't seem to give a shit about our laws, and I'm willing to bet this wasn't the first time outside of crossing the border they did something illegal.
    I pray for those who have to suffer against such callous viewpoints. NO ONE'S LIFE is cheap.

Comment

I'm all for defending yourself against an intruder, but if that results in their death it should only ever be because the situation forced, not just because you felt like it. Feel free to use force to defend yourself, but only as much as is warranted (keeping in mind that threat of lethal force is not equivalent to lighting some one up).
      All units: IRENE
      HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

My viewpoint is this, they were ILLEGALLY in this country and were stealing shit from an American citizen. Those two points make it hard for me to give a shit about the death of someone who doesn't seem to give a shit about our laws, and I'm willing to bet this wasn't the first time outside of crossing the border they did something illegal.
        If I may be so bold, when did you (or anyone in this country) become God?
        We have a legal system for a reason, I will never argue against using deadly force if it is necassary to save your life... I even support it in some cases to protect property (as a last resort). But unilaterally deciding whether or not someone should live or die is well beyond what we as mere mortals should ever be permitted to do. We have a legal system for a reason, if killing isn't absolutely necassary, let the legal system do its job. It aint perfect, far from it, but as soon as we stop trusting in it, we turn into a nation of vigilante thugs.
        Put another way, killing when it isn't absolutely necassary has another name, that name is Murder.
        "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
          We have a legal system for a reason, I will never argue against using deadly force if it is necessary to save your life... I even support it in some cases to protect property (as a last resort). <snip>
          Put another way, killing when it isn't absolutely necessary has another name, that name is Murder.

yup I don't give a damn who you are or what "value" the stuff being stolen is-material things can be replaced(that's what insurance is for), life cannot-if the burglars had been citizens you know damn well there would be a wrongful death civil suit brought.

There is no state that administers the harshest of capitol punishment for simple burglary or theft, and it should not be condoned.
          Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
            If I may be so bold, when did you (or anyone in this country) become God?
            We have a legal system for a reason, I will never argue against using deadly force if it is necessary to save your life... I even support it in some cases to protect property (as a last resort). But unilaterally deciding whether or not someone should live or die is well beyond what we as mere mortals should ever be permitted to do. We have a legal system for a reason, if killing isn't absolutely necessary, let the legal system do its job. It aint perfect, far from it, but as soon as we stop trusting in it, we turn into a nation of vigilante thugs.
            Put another way, killing when it isn't absolutely necessary has another name, that name is Murder.
            I go based on if an American Citizen goes to Mexico for a vacation and they have no rights, by all means illegally coming here gives them no rights either. And well in Mexico people are jailed or killed for the simplest things.
            I concede it was messed up he straight up executed them over property but I'm all for saving on government spending.

Comment

I go based on if an American Citizen goes to Mexico for a vacation and they have no rights, by all means illegally coming here gives them no rights either. And well in Mexico people are jailed or killed for the simplest things.
              I concede it was messed up he straight up executed them over property but I'm all for saving on government spending.
              Please cite where someone is "jailed or killed for the simplest things." Y'know, back up what you're saying.

It's sick to think of killing someone as "government spending."

Comment

Americans in Mexico still have their Human Rights. But like anywhere, you have to obey the laws of the land. Don't let stories or legends of corruption in small towns make you think the entire country is the same way. We wouldn't let people in other countries think the same about us, would we?

CH
                Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
                  There is no state that administers the harshest of capitol punishment for simple burglary or theft, and it should not be condoned.
                  Sharia law?

Rapscallion
                  Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                  Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
                    Sharia law?

Rapscallion
                    I think we mean American states, Raps.

Comment

Can't see that mentioned in here. Fancy pointing it out for me? Too tired to actually bother to look myself.

Rapscallion
                      Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Can't see that mentioned in here. Fancy pointing it out for me? Too tired to actually bother to look myself.

Rapscallion
                        It's been implied since we've been discussing state's gun laws/self-defense laws.

Comment

When the comparison between different states begin, such as the US and Mexico, I think it went international.

Rapscallion
                          Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

When the comparison between different states begin, such as the US and Mexico, I think it went international.

Rapscallion
                            Actually, we are. However, the part that you quoted from Blackcat[sic] was in response to Smiley's comment on the last page. In those comments, they were referring to state laws, as neither of them cite another country in their responses.

Comment

Country and state are often interchangeable terms.

Blaquekatt? Fancy clarifying for us, please?

Rapscallion
                              Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

That's one of those things that depends on where you're posting from: in the US, "state" is virtually never used to mean country or nation, because the major subdivisions of ours are already called states. So in a conversation with people from multiple English-speaking countries... well, you see what happened.
                                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
                                X