but dude, you have a boyfriend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
    And then there's me who might turn to my SO and say "Damn, you sure you aren't up for a threesome"

OK, I'll go hide in my corner again
    Ummm...room for one more?
    "It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Panda View Post
      I guess that explains why most male animals only have sex with one female except that doesn't happen so it does not explain that.
      I don't recall saying he was referring to the entire male animal kingdom nor did I figure that anyone would take that implication. Seeing as we were talking about humans.
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
        And then there's me who might turn to my SO and say "Damn, you sure you aren't up for a threesome"

OK, I'll go hide in my corner again
        My girlfriend has told me several times that she'd "Do her" when we've been talking about women, apparently if I can get the other woman to agree she's totally up for it.
        I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
        Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

So's mine...but she wants another guy at some point, to which I'm not as sure about...yeah, I know that makes me hypocritical about it.

Comment

Blas, you've got every right to be offended when those guys make those comments. They probably don't care if you find them funny, because they DO. I've got an acquaintance like that; he'll make really stupid, sometimes even mildly offensive jokes, sometimes things he thinks people who know him well (like I do) will laugh at. For example, mildly racist anti-black things, because 90% of his other friends are black and he loves them. When anyone tells him they don't find that funny, his canned response is "Well, I did, and I figure that as long as one of us is being reasonable, we're good".

Those guys are being assholes, but I don't think they expect you to find it funny. It's for their OWN amusement, which actually makes it worse.

Now, my boyfriend and I don't have issues about each other commenting on other guys, but neither of us does much of it. If someone made the "Hyuck, hyuck, bet you wish you were single for that guy" or, worse, "...single for me", they'd get some scathing remarks. Neither would find that amusing.

If you and yours, whoever you are, are A-Okay with commenting freely on others, more power to ya. If your friends rib you for it, don't hesitate to make snarky remarks, like the aforementioned "Oh, wow, thanks a lot! He was so hot, I temporarily forgot I was taken! You totally saved me from cheating!!"

Being in the furry fandom, we tend to send each other illustrations and say "Wow, he/she is hawt, huh?" No issues there, and nothing anyone else could call us out for because, well, the stuff we're looking at isn't even real people!

Comment

I appreciate your kind words and everyone else who sees it my way, that it's not a funny joke. It may not necessarily be meant to slam me, but it's not exactly meant for me to laugh at either, unless it's me laughing after I punch the guy.

To everyone who feels differently, even though I come across as an uptight Tilly, I swear, I could care less that people look at others. That's what we have eyes for. There is nothing wrong with that. Even better if you're in a good enough relationship and secure enough to admit when others are good looking. But at the same time, it is extremely disrespectful for friends to say things like that when the girl is right there and can hear, even if he doesn't mean it to slam her or that he doesn't like her, there's still common sense and keeping your mouth shut and saving it for guy time.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                I appreciate your kind words and everyone else who sees it my way, that it's not a funny joke. It may not necessarily be meant to slam me, but it's not exactly meant for me to laugh at either, unless it's me laughing after I punch the guy.
                I'd laugh really hard if a friend's girlfriend punched another guy for making that kind of comment. It'd be priceless and he'd never live it down.
                Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Working...
                X