No announcement yet.

people who "have" to set off firecrackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised that the family across the street hasn't set off any fireworks yet. Maybe the visit from the cops last year scared them? Or maybe...it was because one of the skyrockets got away from them...and put a nice big dent in the mom's car Since then, it's been very quiet over there.

Comment

It's that time of year again where the people in the adjacent city and the people living close to the border play a game called "Firework or Gun Shot?" It's sad, but true. I can't wait for next year, when I can spend the 4th in my college town with Malarky.

However, I am not looking forward to tomorrow night. I have to be at work the next morning and people are going to be setting off fireworks after midnight. I've pretty much grown to dislike this holiday because I can't get any sleep and I ALWAYS work the next morning.
      "It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

Comment

If I didn't work all weekends and holidays, it wouldn't annoy me so much. But people don't seem to realize, or probably don't care that not everyone can sleep in on the 4th.

I like to have as much fun as anyone else, but when i'm still up at 4am because of the noise and I have to work at 8a, it's fucking annoying.

Comment

in my state fireworks are "legal"

there have been bangs, booms and FZZZZZZZZZZs going off for like 3 weeks now.

I am used to it.

BUT my MAIN concern is that some idiot 8 or 10 year old (or "adult") will get the idea that shooting fireworks at the delivery guy's car is LOADS OF FUN. YES I do work the 4th of July.

Yes It has happened to me before. fairly rare occurance but it has happened.
          I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
          The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
            Here we go again.

As I've said before, I'm a night owl, even when I'm off work, so it's not like I have to be up early or anything like that. However, I do have neighbors that have to be up early for work or just like to be up early, neighbors with kids....seriously, unless it's the 4th of July itself, DON'T be lighting up fireworks just because it's night time.

Fireworks have to be one of the most annoying things.
            Especially for pets who are outside. Those loud noises hurt my dog's ears, not to mention scare the living daylights out of the cats.

And that reminds me, my brother will probably be bringing Stan and Wendy in the house and leaving them in the laundry room tonight.
            If life hands you lemons . . . find someone whose life is handing them vodka . . . and have a party - Ron "Tater Salad" White

Comment

1:00 last night, fiance and I had both *just* fallen asleep whennnnn.....*whizzzBOOOOM* It shook the walls of our apartment and scared us both. *grumble* I was reading the local paper (website) and people are saying that the police don't even ticket these people, just give them a warning and confiscate the remaining fireworks.

Comment

At least here in Northern AZ it's too dry for any one sensible to start fireworks. Now I said sensible.

For the people who must set off fireworks, be prepared for a visit from the local police/firemen. If something was started on fire here because you set off fireworks, don't be surprised when you are kicked out of town by the property owners. Also don't be surprised when you have to pay for putting out the fire. With the state needing money badly right now, expect that bill to be huge .
                "Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe" -H. G. Wells

"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed" -Sir Francis Bacon

Comment

NJ has been cracking down on illegal fireworks. The state troopers sit on the NJ side of bridges leading into PA, watch people go from NJ into PA and buy fireworks, then arrest them when they cross back over. People somehow manage to get sparklers in but I don't care about those. Didn't hear anyone in my neighborhood launching fireworks last night after the main show in town.
                  Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Things were mostly quiet during the day, yesterday. Then, about an hour after full dark, they went crazy.

I don't mind so much, except for the amazing fucktard who decided to set off one of the really loud repeating mortars at 1am. >_<

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

You're lucky, Greenday. We had to listen to it all damn night. I was lucky since I got to sleep in today, but Fiance had to stagger to work at 7. And I know people say, "Oh, it's just one day!" Yeah, well, it's been all weekend that our sleep's been screwed up. Besides, it's not like you can't drive for 10 minutes and find yourself surrounded by nothing but prairie. It's KANSAS. Set off your damn boom-booms out there.

Comment

oh gord I hate the 4th of July. Growing up with pets it is never fun. We have had people throw firecrackers into a dog pen we had.

Our idiot neighborhood was setting crap off until 3:30 this morning. Hubby had to get up at 5:30. Our neighbors had a house full and were setting stuff off right next to people's cars in their lawn. You could smell the smoke and sulfur. Couple of times we thought something was on fire. And it is miserably hot (for us) and we could barely have our window open. Had to turn up the fan & the tv.

The news today was full of idiots hurting themselves and burning houses. I wish they would just outlaw the dang things.

Comment

If the post-10pm bangs had been anything of note, I would have called the cops over in a heartbeat. It wouldn't be the first time I've done that, and I doubt it'll be the last.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I went to the municipal fireworks last night. It's probably the last time I ever will.

(Heh, last night as I was getting into my car to go, I realized I had on one flip flop and one birkenstock on my feet. So I had to go back inside to choose one or the other. That lead to me getting a parking space farther away than I would've liked. )

And then, as everybody's killing time being feasted upon by mosquitos and dive-bombed by june bugs until the show starts, people are lighting off their own fireworks. And they didn't sound like the harmless shower-of-colored-sparks kind either. There's a lot of people packed together; what would happen if one of those fireworks rocketed out into a crowd of people?

And then back home trying to get to sleep because I worked at 7 this morning was an ordeal because of all the bang bang pow going on. I ended up having to close my bedroom window and turn my fan on high to block out the noise.

Comment

at least I was lucky again this year. no one was STUPID enough to try and shot stuff at me whilst I was delivering.

I just had to avoid all of the people lighting stuff off IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FLIPPIN STREET.
                              I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                              The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Working...
                              X