No announcement yet.

bad weather-blizzards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only good thing right now is that since it's getting closer to spring, we're able to recover from big snow falls better than say, December or January. The blizzard we had in December of 22 inches, the next few days, it was double digit below zero temps, which just hardened the snow and made it stick even worse.

It's going to take a hell of a lot to melt what we got this past weekend, but at least since it doesn't go below zero anymore, it's a lot easier to remove it and get everything back to normal.

Comment

Fun fun day today for us in this stupid city. It is -32C (-26F) without the windchill. And, if that wasn't tit-freezing enough, it is...

-44C (-47F) WITH the wind. This is the type of cold that burns. From The Weather Network (bolding mine)...

Cold temperatures in the minus thirties and winds of 15 to 20 km/h (9 to 12 mp/h) are producing extreme wind chill values of minus 40 to minus 50 across (place I live in) this morning. Winds will continue to vary and wind chill values will fluctuate, however wind chills are expected to remain near or below minus 40 for a few hours this morning before temperatures moderate. At these extreme wind chill values frostbite on exposed skin may occur in less than 10 minutes.

Comment

I don't envy you one bit, std. That's the type of cold that makes even the best of cars refuse to start.

Comment

Yeah, that hurts just reading it.

Comment

Originally posted by the_std View Post
            Fun fun day today for us in this stupid city. It is -32C (-26F) without the windchill. And, if that wasn't tit-freezing enough, it is...

-44C (-47F) WITH the wind. This is the type of cold that burns. From The Weather Network (bolding mine)...
            prime pizza delivery weather according to my company. NOW GET OUT THERE AND MAKE $$$$s for US.

Yes during the recent horrid cold snap (-20F with -35F windchills) we still had to deliver. we just let our cars run inbetween deliveries thus violating a MAJOR security policy.
            I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
            The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Mother Nature had mercy on my part of the state, and we will be spared from today's major storm events. Although according to the Weather Channel, it looks like mostly rain/freezing rain to the south, they were originally (as in, last week) predicting another massive snowfall for us that would follow a small round of freezing rain. With it only going to be 30 degrees today, that could have been another major pain, and it would have most likely meant another night of missed work, another vacation day wasted on fucking snow.

I heard birds chirping this morning. Maybe I don't pay attention, but I swear I haven't heard birds chirping early in the morning in a long time. I think I may just take this as a sign that things are going to start getting better.

As a small tidbit, I can't wait for winter to be over so I no longer have to religiously watch the damn news. I don't have a DVR, so basically from October-April I have to watch the weather forecast every damn day, to make sure nothing bad is coming, and to check the Weather Channels On The 8s, and to watch the radar loop, constantly, multiple times a day, just to know what to expect and what's coming. This results in channel flopping in between the weather forecast, or completely missing shows altogether.

In the spring and summer and early fall, I only check the weather online once a day just to see if it may rain or storm when I have plans. That's it. Any other time of year, the weather pattern does not change the way it does in winter.
              Last edited by blas87; 02-27-2011, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X