No announcement yet.

Shows that turn to crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who has some really good spin-offs muses_nightmare (Torchwood for the more adult crowd, and The Sarah Jane Adventures for more family fare). Although if you're going to watch Torchwood: Children of Earth, have some kleenex handy. You will need it.

In regards to shows that turned awful, I gotta admit that as much as I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I hated the last two television seasons. As sad as I was about Buffy's death at the end of Season Five, I think that would have been a good place to end the series instead of continuing it on in the way they did.

Boy Meets World is another one. I find that it started to slowly go bad during their high school years, and just turned to crap once they hit college. The first couple of seasons were pretty good and funny, but after that the show just went to "meh" until finally crossing the crap-barrier.
    "He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And...he's wonderful." - Timothy Lattimer on the Doctor

Comment

Boy Meets World started out as a light hearted comedy, but then become more more serious and melodramatic (almost soap opera level). What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Miss_Maple_Leaf View Post
        Doctor Who has some really good spin-offs muses_nightmare (Torchwood for the more adult crowd, and The Sarah Jane Adventures for more family fare). Although if you're going to watch Torchwood: Children of Earth, have some kleenex handy. You will need it.

In regards to shows that turned awful, I gotta admit that as much as I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I hated the last two television seasons. As sad as I was about Buffy's death at the end of Season Five, I think that would have been a good place to end the series instead of continuing it on in the way they did.

Boy Meets World is another one. I find that it started to slowly go bad during their high school years, and just turned to crap once they hit college. The first couple of seasons were pretty good and funny, but after that the show just went to "meh" until finally crossing the crap-barrier.
        I've never actually watched Doctor Who, I've been meaning to. :P I was only commenting about shows I actually watch.

See I've seen a few people say that about Buffy, but in my personal opinion, seasons 6 & 7 were excellent. Season 6 is my favorite season by far, with "Once More With Feeling" being among my favorite episodes. I certainly wouldn't have been as satisfied with only 5 seasons. I wish they had gone another season or two with Angel actually, it would have been interesting to see the events of the comics unfold on the screen. Just my opinion of course. (to be fair, I'm a bit of an addict when it comes to anything Joss Whedon, so the more the better IMO )

I do agree about Boy Meets World though. It went in the opposite direction of what the show was originally, and it didn't do it very well.

Comment

Working...
        X