No announcement yet.

Airing dirty laundry/being disrespectful on Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On FB they had a VERY public back and forth basically blaming each other for the failure, accusing each other of crimes (fraud, embezzlement, sexual assault, etc.) and calling each other all sorts of nasty names, even AFTER I and several other people posted and said they needed to take their disagreement somewhere more private.
    maybe it's me but... i somewhat think the problem is that they're reading each other's FB...

i mean that's just me but... seriously i check my bf's fb about once every 3 or 4 months. maybe.

Comment

I stalk my bf's FB continuously. I'd say I'm a good stalker, but he knows, so...that's probably not actually being a good stalker. Only if I ever had/have a problem with something on there, we talk about it off FB. I think finding something you want to bring up on FB is fine, but you should talk about it OFF FB, rather than subject everyone else to the drama.
      "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

Yeah, so....

Right around the time I made the thread about my brother's awful gf, he and I had been texting back and forth.

When he got back from Cali this week, his gf came over. And went through his phone, which she's been repeatedly told NOT to do.

She found our conversation.

I made a status update last night about some random thing, and she responded "I love when people talk shit about you and won't tell you to your face!"

Dumb little bitch. She's already started multiple FB fights with my brother and his friends, now she's after me.

Comment

wow...how did she get her hands on his phone? sounds like he needs to keep it on him at all times .....since she can't be trusted to not grab it.

Is there a way he can secure it with a pin or something?
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I'm not even sure, he has a much fancier phone than mine. Some way he touches it unlocks it versus mine where I press two buttons.

Comment

Standard touch phones have a swipe gesture to unlock the phone so that it's really unlikely you'd ever butt-dial someone. But in his case, it sounds like he really needs to password protect it to keep the nosy bitch out of things that are not her business.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Or, y'know, break up with the crazy bitch. That would be a better course of action, IMO.

Comment

And my cousin (the sister of "Betty" who owns the salon that this chick and her mom are always ranting on FB to anyone who dare goes elsewhere to get their hair/whatever done) attempted to start another fight on FB. Despite not having a fuck clue about the real story, or just believing what her idiot alcoholic drama queen mother told her.

Grandparents came to visit. Everything was planned in advance. They had made attempts to try and make plans with psycho Aunt and her daughters. Psycho Aunt didn't respond or wasn't willing to make any concrete plans. So, they skipped that city on their way to my parents' place to stay.

And as soon as they got home, Grandma posted about how it was a great time, ladeda, and cousin says "You came all the way to WI and you were just MILES from my parents' house and you couldn't even stop and say hi!"

No. Because a FEW people in this family know it's rude to just stop by. Grandma explained that she had tried to make plans to stop by, but none were ever made in time for the trip when it came.

Cousin then wrote that she couldn't believe they didn't stop by and that it's so horrible how our family is so "split", and it never used to be that way, whine whine whine sharpcheddarcheesewhinewhinewhine!

OH FOR FUCK SAKE.

Comment

I do not have a Facebook page. This thread makes me happy I do not have one.

Comment

I have a FB page, it has gotten me in touch with many old and dear friends and I am happy about that, but what I am not happy about are the dumb ass status updates I see on some of my friend's pages. Now my sister and a good friend of mine talk a lot about their businesses, which is fine, that is what they have FB pages for, and I love looking at the neat cakes my baker buddy makes.

What bugs me is one of my friends insists on documenting every single thing her kids do, and I mean EVERY SINGLE THING. They are super cute kids and her daughter is enchanting, but I do not need to know every detail in their lives. I also do not need to know what her and her husband eat for dinner every weekend. Even her family cannot possibly care about that.

I would never air my dirty laundry on FB. Too many people can read that shit, and anyway, my life isn't all that interesting to begin with.

Comment

I locked down my page completely so that if you do look up anything, you won't be able to. All of my friends have their pages locked down too (I had a fake FB account which I used to check this).

If I have a status that I don't want certain people to see but I have them added, I set it so they don't see the status.

Comment

I hate to admit this, but I sometimes wish a few of my FB friends would get into a nasty, mud slinging fight just for the entertainment it would provide me.

Comment

Working...
                          X