No announcement yet.

Valentine's day ass hattery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I don't resent Mother's Day; I always get my mum a card and some spring flowers. ^^ I just thought it was a good comparison, cuz I'm childfree from choice and will never get presents on that day... but I don't whine or complain about it. Just as some people won't get Valentine gifts. No point in being bitter or whiny; it takes up far too much energy. XD
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Someone called the radio Wednesday whining that their boyfriend "only took me to a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant and got me gas station flowers!" for Valentine's Day.

Everyone pretty much phoned back or Facebook'ed that she's a high maintenance bitch (well, witch or wench since it's radio) and needs to shut up.

Comment

I don't know if I'd go that far Blas..but I will say that if you have each other..does it really matter where you are .. a 'hole in a wall' Mexican restaurant can be just as good as a 5 star...as for the flowers..if it is from the heart great..makes it special..but not sure about a gas station ...lol..*shrugs*

Comment

I got a dozen roses and chocolates, so I'm pretty happy

But, I wasn't expecting nor demanding anything. It was his idea.

Comment

I forbid my husband from buying me roses on Valentine's Day. They're like, 50 bucks a dozen! You can get them for $10 a dozen the very next day, on clearance.

We had been married a few years when I realized, he's spending my money too. It all comes out of the same account. Would I spend $50 on a dozen roses for myself? No I would not. So no more flowers for me on Valentine's.

Comment

Shared income kinda takes all the fun out of gift giving, doesn't it?

Comment

It really does.

We mostly buy gifts for "us" instead of each other now. And nothing's ever a surprise.

Comment

I've often had that thought about married and cohabitating couples.

If they get each other gifts, then technically, they're both paying for each other's gifts. If hubby buys the wife flowers, she technically helped pay for them.

However, I have never brought this up in conversation because I figured I would just get eyerolls and be told that I "just didn't get it."

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
                    I forbid my husband from buying me roses on Valentine's Day.
                    I never had to forbid the boyfriend from silly extravagances. We are both of the same mind on such matters already.

As for things not being surprises, we still manage to surprise one another, though it can be difficult when we both know each other's accounts online.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I plan on keeping a separate account when I get married; we'll of course have a joint account for paying the bills but I'm not giving up my "me" account, dammit.
                      "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by guywithashovel View Post
                        However, I have never brought this up in conversation because I figured I would just get eyerolls and be told that I "just didn't get it."
                        Depends on the household. Some couples have a "house account" that each puts money in for paying the household bills but their own separate account for their own money that they earned.

Personally I think it's a good idea.
                        Jack Faire
                        Friend
                        Father
                        Smartass

Comment

Working...
                        X