Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bisexuals: Real Sexuality or Just for Attention?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
    It just hurts that some women will make out with other women for attention.
    And therein lies the problem. Cuz there are some girls who think they're being cool and daring by snogging their best friend, there will always be people who lump them in with genuine bisexuals.

To me, it's like people assuming that all self harmers want attention just cuz of the actions of a few emo kids making chicken scratches on their wrists. Just cuz a few stupid bitches kiss other girls for attention, male or otherwise, is no reason to say that bisexuality doesn't exist and they're all just attention seekers. Some people really need to get a clue.
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

It's true, in my experience, that there are no clear dividing categories. It's a sliding scale. But my family is heavily involved with PFLAG in our large city, and we haven't heard a peep so far about anyone trying to cut "bi" out of the GLBT spectrum.
      Last edited by Boozy; 03-06-2010, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunkle View Post
        and we haven't heard a peep so far about anyone trying to cut "bi" out of the GLBT spectrum.
        well I would try... I would love to have an experience with a guy where afterwards he said that he was done with women because of it

OK, so other than the chauvonist within me, no, I see no reason to cut out the bi from GLBT.
        "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Originally posted by Skunkle View Post
          It's true, in my experience, that there are no clear dividing categories. It's a sliding scale. But my family is heavily involved with PFLAG in our large city, and we haven't heard a peep so far about anyone trying to cut "bi" out of the GLBT spectrum.
          Oh, it has been discussed here. As the President of my Alliance said (jokingly) "Bisexuals are like the bastard children of the gay community"

It's because we aren't gay enough. It is hard. The gay community sees me as straight because I love men. The straight community sees me as gay because I love women.

And then I discovered something about myself at the conference. There is a group called Pansexuals who love everyone, gender doesn't count for anything. It got me to thinking that say I am single, and a Transsexual came up to me and asked me out. If they are a good person, I would date them. If a GenderQueer person (someone who doesn't identify with any gender) asked me out and they are a good person, I would surely date them. So, I discovered that I am Pansexual. As the people in a panel said, they say they are Bisexual sometimes because they are too lazy to explain what Pansexual means.
          "It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

Comment

"What orientation are you?"

"Sexual"

"Yeah, but heterosexual, homosexual or bisexual?"

"Sexual"

I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
            Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Well if it helps, apparaently Captain Jack Harkness is pansexual.

Comment

Aren't half the characters on that show?
                I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

In my long and winding road of sexuality I've come to accept that I'm bisexual, not gay and testing the waters, not straight but experimenting but bisexual.

And really I've noticed the GLBT community seems to be two camps GL being the we want rights and acceptance, and woe betide anyone who might even have the slightest of all influence on getting this (it took quite a while for Gender Identity to get put into anti-discrimination laws up here in the very liberal part of Washington due to the GL side tossing the T under the bus for a law... yeah I'm a minority sexuality/identity among the sexual/identity minority a bisexual neuter (both of which supposedly don't exist/are just attention seeking/just mean I'm wishy washy.)

Comment

Yeah, there almost seems to be a view, not with everyone but prevelant enough, that those who are bi are wishy-washy. I've had a lesbian be nervous about dating me because she figured I would leave her for a guy. That mentality is something I've heard about often enough to know that it's not always a rare train of thought.

Comment

The above reminds me of a magazine article I once read on sexuality and bisexuals. I don't remember much about the article apart from one section. One woman interviewed said she'd been told in the past that she was lucky as she had many more chances for romance. She had to respond to them that there were twice as many chances for being turned down.

Rapscallion
                      Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                      Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsoul View Post
                        I will admit, the "main character" of the comic I'm trying (and failing) to write/draw is a bisexual female. My original intent was that she just doesn't see a difference; you love who you love, and wether that person is male or female doesn't mean a thing to her. Granted, I also picture her being a misanthropist who'd be as likely to punch someone as she would kiss them (probably more so).
                        That reminds me of one episode of "Star Trek: TNG". Dr. Crusher falls in love with a Trill who is in a male host. Male host is killed, symbiont moved to a female host, and there's still something there between them.

Originally posted by McDreidel09 View Post
                        And then I discovered something about myself at the conference. There is a group called Pansexuals who love everyone, gender doesn't count for anything. It got me to thinking that say I am single, and a Transsexual came up to me and asked me out. If they are a good person, I would date them. If a GenderQueer person (someone who doesn't identify with any gender) asked me out and they are a good person, I would surely date them. So, I discovered that I am Pansexual. As the people in a panel said, they say they are Bisexual sometimes because they are too lazy to explain what Pansexual means.
                        The heart wants what it wants.
                        We may have come out of the kitchen, but we still know where the sharp objects are kept.

"Well-behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
                          Well if it helps, apparaently Captain Jack Harkness is pansexual.
                          He's got a thing for flutes? Did he go to band camp too?

CH
                          Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pagan View Post
                            That reminds me of one episode of "Star Trek: TNG". Dr. Crusher falls in love with a Trill who is in a male host. Male host is killed, symbiont moved to a female host, and there's still something there between them.
                            The way I remember it, Dr. Crusher wasn't the slightest bit interested after the Trill was transfered to the female host. She did her duty to transfer the Trill to the new host, but she was cold to the new host when she tried to continue the relationship. I remember being really upset by that outcome.
                            "The future is always born in pain... If we are wise what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world." --G'Kar, "Babylon 5"

Comment

Originally posted by Ghel View Post
                              The way I remember it, Dr. Crusher wasn't the slightest bit interested after the Trill was transfered to the female host. She did her duty to transfer the Trill to the new host, but she was cold to the new host when she tried to continue the relationship. I remember being really upset by that outcome.
                              That was not Gates McFadden's (not sure on spelling) wish... she actually wanted something to still be there, but the asshole Rick Berman insisted that there could be nothing after the Trill was transfered to the new host because "homosexuality just doesn't exist in the Star Trek universe"
                              "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

That's because in the Star Trek universe, humans have evolved past genetalia. It would explain why StarFleet as a whole, at the start of TNG, had no balls.

hyuck.

Comment

Working...
                                X