Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bisexuals: Real Sexuality or Just for Attention?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, if you think explaining bisexuality is tough, try explaining pansexuality.

As I have said before, I discovered at the Rainbow Alphabet Soup Conference that I am pansexual. People tend to think that is bisexual, but it's not. There are more genders than male and female and pansexuals tend to look more at the person, rather than the gender or sex.

If I'm too lazy to explain my sexuality, I just say I'm bi.
    "It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

Comment

I had to look up pansexual on wikipedia to get the distinction. I would have to continue to say I'm bi- and not pan- because I'm attracted to different "types" based on gender. For example, I'm attracted to tall, skinny, dark-haired men and short, curvy (or slightly plump) red-headed women*. Is this weird, or does anybody else experience this?

*This, of course, is a generalization. I'm attracted to other "types" as well, and I would still need to be friends with someone before I could even consider hooking up with them.
      "The future is always born in pain... If we are wise what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world." --G'Kar, "Babylon 5"

Comment

Originally posted by Ghel View Post
        because I'm attracted to different "types" based on gender. For example, I'm attracted to tall, skinny, dark-haired men and short, curvy (or slightly plump) red-headed women*. Is this weird, or does anybody else experience this?
        Apart from the skinny bit (I prefer a few muscles ) those are my exact preferences too, go figure. Too bad I'm not thier preference .
        I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
        Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Ok, so I know it's been a while, but I have a lot of opinions on this.

I'm bisexual. And I could pretty much call myself a "true" bisexual if I wanted to. My attraction to men and women is about a 55/45 split. I'm slightly more attracted to men.

I've had people act like I'm indecisive, like I just haven't switched to fully lesbian yet, like I'm doing it for attention, like it doesn't exist, "pick a side already." I've heard it called heterofucksible.

What I'm REALLY tired of is being accused of fucking anything that moves. I have standards. I am NOT attracted to every person I see! Why people think this, I don't know. And it's gay AND straight people who think this.

For that matter, we have an LGBT group on campus and last year, the bisexual people kept getting made fun of by the gay boys and lesbians. Just for the "sin" of being bi.

I'm in a monogamous heterosexual relationship right now, but I've had meaningful relationships with girls. I could still be attracted to a girl. I don't want a gf and a bf at the same time...or rather if I did, it wouldn't be because I'm bi, it's because I'm a little tiny bit poly [in that I wouldn't mind having a completely mutual 3-person relationship or something]. But that's not bisexuality to me, that's different.

I think I'm basically pansexual but since I've never run across 'what would I do about someone transgendered or genderqueer' and I don't know if I could be physically attracted to someone who is transgendered, I just identify as bi.
          "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

Originally posted by Eisa View Post
            I just identify as bi.
            Always a safe bet, as "pan" means "all"; which could mean things beyond human males and human females...
            "You are a true believer. Blessings of the state, blessings of the masses. Thou art a subject of the divine. Created in the image of man, by the masses, for the masses. Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy more and be happy."
            -- OMM 0000

Comment

...Pansexual? That's a new one to me. Definitely wasn't covered in Love & Marriage class.
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                ...Pansexual? That's a new one to me. Definitely wasn't covered in Love & Marriage class.
                And hopefully not covered in Culinary Arts 101: Kitchen Gear.
                "You are a true believer. Blessings of the state, blessings of the masses. Thou art a subject of the divine. Created in the image of man, by the masses, for the masses. Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy more and be happy."
                -- OMM 0000

Comment

Originally posted by Ipecac Drano View Post
                  Always a safe bet, as "pan" means "all"; which could mean things beyond human males and human females...
                  Actually, that is a common misconception about pansexuals. "Pan" meaning "all" as in "all gender identities for HUMANS"
                  "It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

Comment

late 2003(?) after I moved back here I spent almost a week working in a nightclub glass collecting their lounge bar.
                    Cambridge, being Cambridge, is full of the Oxbridge Set and one girl was sat on anothers lap and the one being sat on said to, whom I assumed to be her boyfriend "Tarquin watch" and proceded to snog the other girl and yes Tarquin was the real name, Oxbridge Set and all.
                    I just rolled my eyes thinking "If fingers arn't inserted it doesn't count." yet Tarquin probably thought he was in for a good time or a floor show later. So young females claiming to be bi do tend to drag the image of "Oh you only kiss other girls to turn your boyfriend on."

Straight/Bi men can quite happily watch two women having sex, but I can't see a woman getting turned on by two men, even if they both looked like Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp

Appologies if this comes over as crass or something
                    I've meantioned in another thread the "Chick or Dick game" posting images of women and pre op male to female transexuals and seeing if you can guess the contents of the underwear.
                    Modern cosmetic surgery means that I could get the answer wrong and not be dissapointed either way as Linda formerly known as Paul looks just as stunning as Claire.
                    Now I don't know what I would do if playing this game for real in a place where Transgenderd people meet, as afaik we don't have much of a scene for LBG (one monthly nightclub and a few bars you have to go out of your way to find) let alone T. So I couldn't say my reaction to finding out Paul jr is still there underneath Linda's skirt.

But if Linda is still way hotter than Claire ...

Comment

Still not really sure what a pansexual is. And I'm afraid to google anything sexual at work.
                      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                        Still not really sure what a pansexual is. And I'm afraid to google anything sexual at work.
                        Generally speaking, someone who is pansexual has no preferences that are related to either the gender or sexual identity or expression of those they are attracted to.

Mostly it's recognition that there are not two black-and-white genders, as much as we try to make it so. There is a lot of grey outside the whole male/female dichotomy that gets marginalized by mainstream society, and pansexuality (the terminology) recognizes the rest of the alphabet outside of simply "F" or "M."

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

^What she said. The way I've thought about it is when you don't care what gender a person goes by, or if they go by any at all. You go by the person themselves, personality, appearance, what have you...but you're not confined to a particular 'gender.'

Also, I think two guys doing stuff is hot. So yeah, Ginger Tea, it is possible lol!
                          "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

Originally posted by McDreidel09 View Post
                            Actually, that is a common misconception about pansexuals. "Pan" meaning "all" as in "all gender identities for HUMANS"
                            My mistake. I was going by the definition as it is used in all other cases.
                            -- OMM 0000

Comment

Also, I think two guys doing stuff is hot. So yeah, Ginger Tea, it is possible lol!
                              Statistically I knew this to be the case, I just don't see the numbers being as large as from the male watching lesbian demographic.

back to the transgendered aspect of my last post, I was talking some months ago with the couple in the attic about numerous things, namely how many or should that be few jd n cokes I can have before I allegedly start making eyes at one of the male bar staff where the woman works, I've long since dismissed all claims of what I did whilst drunk as "there is what I did and what you said I did" so short of recording everything I say I have no idea how tounge in cheek what I might have said was or weither my brain has a different preference drunk than sober (my subconcious definatly disturbed me with a dream about a female coworker last month).
                              but I semi digress

Since they moved into the house and she started working at the pub, I can't say that either have witnessed me actually chatting up women at my local, but as it remodeled itself into a semi resturant, I don't see it as a pulling pub.
                              "Are you gay?" the guy in the attic asked
                              "No." I replied
                              "Bi?"
                              "Not really"
                              "Not really?"
                              "Well I have seen pictures of some really attractive pre op's and if I did happen to pull a girl I'm not too sure of the outcome should I find a cock there."
                              "So you're gay?"
                              "Shagging a girl with a dick isn't gay, It's just anal sex with a woman. Her shagging you is more bi than gay." and as you wouldn't know to look, I said
                              "what if you found out Linda Lusadi* (sp) was packing heat."
                              "Don't bring her into it, I used to masturbate to her."
                              "Everyone did, that's my point. photographed from the waist up, no full frontal, 'Linda Lusadi: hung like a stallion and you never knew.' would be a bit of a shock wouldn't it"
                              * sun newspaper page 3 girl of the 80's

Can't recall which Moore era bond girl was born a bloke, but I don't recall any uglies in the batch

Comment

Also, I think two guys doing stuff is hot.
                                You're more than welcome to come over and watch me and my best friend watch some TV, drink some beer, eat some salsa and chips, drink some beer, maybe get out our guitars (not a sexual metaphor), drink some beer, and have a belching contest.
                                -- OMM 0000

Comment

Working...
                                X