No announcement yet.

Worst Songs Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"My Humps" I forgot about that one. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE song.

Another one that's almost as bad is "Doncha wish your girlfriend was hot like me" by Pussycat Dolls.

Those songs are probably worse than the songs I listed.

Comment

that barbra striesland one, just cos it has no other lyrics and a short shitty loop.
      the go barbra website allows you to insert your own lyrics to the song so its ok in that respect, but still a shitty loop.

Comment

I don't think Taylor Swift's songs are very sweet, save for her newer stuff, because she's finally matured and gotten over the man-hating twang twang she was doing.

As much as I hate her in general, I try not to judge her too harsh on her lyrics, because when I was her age, I hated every guy who dared break up with me or choose another girl over me as well. But I got into more serious relationships and grew up a lot in a short period of time, and now I realize that it's not worth it to piss and moan, and apparently now she does as well.

I'm by no means against self expression or using experiences in song. I just hate whiney music. Find a more productive way to express sorrow or regret than to make songs that are all pity and sad anger.

Comment

Originally posted by muses_nightmare View Post
          Cheese sandwich? Which song is this? I'm curious now. :P My bf listens to a lot of top 40 stuff, I can't recall one about a sandwich.
          when the AM puts the radio on those stations, I just tune/block it out so I can not tell you the name of the artist or song. all I remember is the chorus or verses have several references to a cheese sandwich.
          I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
          The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

There are some songs that I just don't like, and I can't really explain why. For some reason, they just have some nebulous quality that grates on my nerves. "Let it Whip" by Dazz Band is one of those songs. "Wonderful Christmastime" by Paul McCartney is another one of those. I can't explain why I hate those songs. For some reason, I just do. When I worked at Wal-Mart, "Wonderful Christmastime" used to get played on the store radio at least two or three times per shift during the Christmas season. I cringed every time I heard the song starting up. I also don't care for "Jingle Bell Rock." I know it's a classic, but for some reason, it just gets under my skin. I can't explain why. It just does. A lot of dance music from the 80s has this effect on me, too. "Our House" by Madness is like this. Can't explain why, but that song just really gets under my skin.

Comment

With Christmas songs I guess it's a case of "familiarity breeds contempt"
              It's been years since we've had a propper christmas song, not just stuff released to chart on that weekend, the last Christmassy song (which wasn't really), that I can recal, was stay another day by east 17 and that was only cos it was released round that time, had snow in the video and bells towards the end.
              So seeing as we don't get new bands releasing songs about christmas, they just keep on playing the same songs hour after hour on the radio.

Pouges Feat. Kirsty Mcoll "fairy tale of new york" is brilliant any other month.

Comment

Wow there are way too many songs to list individually. I hate rap and most country, like 99 percent of it. I do like blends though ....country rock and southern rock are my favorites. I also love classic rock...and speaking of which I'm listening to last.fm right now (lilsheba is the username if anyone interested in my library, there's nothing identifying on there) and one of my favorite songs of all time just came on....Stranger by Jefferson Starship.

But some of the songs that stand out as being so god awful I can't stomach them at all are Mickey by Toni Basil, and that stupid "you spin me right round baby right round" fucking song...forget who does it cause I'm trying to block it from my memory.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
                  But some of the songs that stand out as being so god awful I can't stomach them at all are Mickey by Toni Basil, and that stupid "you spin me right round baby right round" fucking song...forget who does it cause I'm trying to block it from my memory.
                  Dead or Alive. I think I have about 5 re-mixes.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                    Dead or Alive. I think I have about 5 re-mixes.

^-.-^
                    that's insane

Comment

Spin me round (like a record) might be a cheesy good song, but its no "rock me amadeus"

Comment

Crazy Crazy Nights. Yes, I am a Kiss fan, but I can certainly admit that Kiss have done a lot of truly awful songs. That one is about the worst song they've ever done... but I can list a hell of a lot more.

Anything by Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber. Or Ke$ha. They should all be put in room 101 and never let out.

Also, anything by Jedward or Cheryl Cole. Can we please stop the X-factor and all its ilk now?
                        "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

I think there's a Bruno Mars song playing on the swamp's PA. If it's the song I'm thinking of, I want to shoot out the loudspeaker every time I hear it.

Any and all songs by pre-fab teeny bopper groups/artists like Justin Bieber, NSync, Backstreet Boys, and so on. Future ones also.

That song "Young Folks" with all the whistling. The person who wrote that song needs to be vaporized. Seriously. Also the person who made the equally-idiotic video to go with it.

Three words: Sweet. Home. Alabama

Comment

Oh please tell me you are NOT dissing sweet home alabama That's part of the southern rock genre I love man!

I have to agree on the teeny bopper crap that's all over the place....that is just junk. And Britney Spears is ridiculous.

Comment

Well, what if I am?

That song is WAY too overplayed and I didn't like it much to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                                Well, what if I am?

That song is WAY too overplayed and I didn't like it much to begin with.
                                Lynyrd Skynyrd rules no matter what

Comment

Working...
                                X