No announcement yet.

Worst Songs Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The G 6 song from Far East Movement definitely gets my vote for worst song ever..as well as anything by Justin Bieber and Britney Spears.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
      Okay, I think I found the absolute WORST SONG of all time. A song so bad it makes Justin Bieber sound like Ray Charles. I'm warning, this will make your ears bleed.

The song?

"Just Wanna Play Video Games", by Black Out Band

Shockingly enough, it's worse than it sounds.
      *twitches, foaming at the mouth from the horror*

How... why.... buh.... ?

Everyone involved with that travesty should be hunted down and shot like dogs.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Okay, I think I found the absolute WORST SONG of all time. A song so bad it makes Justin Bieber sound like Ray Charles. I'm warning, this will make your ears bleed.

The song?

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
        *twitches, foaming at the mouth from the horror*

How... why.... buh.... ?

Everyone involved with that travesty should be hunted down and shot like dogs.

^-.-^
        HUH???????????????

first I think that "band" is taking "boy band" far too literally. are the members even 10 years old????
        second is that a muffled cat screech coming out of the singer's mouth????? I could only get through 30 seconds before MY eyes and ears started bleeding.
        third on YouTube it implies that this song was nominated for or WON GRAMMY award???????? I give up. HOW????????

Here is what Cracked com said about them (about half way down the article)
        Last edited by Racket_Man; 03-21-2011, 07:53 AM.
        I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
        The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

What nobody has mentioned Achy Breaky heart..or did I just miss the mention?

Comment

There are so many horrible twang twang songs, it would have its own category.

Comment

"Video Games" is, well... Seems the three members are 11 years old. The song is simple stuff, but it'd be worlds better with natural voices. Methinks they went with modulated ones to be somehow "cooler", which failed.

I'll probably catch flak for this, but "Rock The Casbah", The Clash. It screeches, it bleeps and bloops, and it sounds thrown-together. "Bicycle Race" by Queen. I don't particularly care for Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne, Justin Bieber, etc. - I don't HATE them, their sounds just don't hold me. There is also a category I can't stand; I don't call it a genre because not all songs in that genre fit this category. That being: some types of rap/R&B songs. I hate listening to the songs that use what I call "random nonsense" as the musical back-up. They have the bass line and drum line, then use a repetitive and annoying set of unrelated sounds as the only musical lines. I think readers will get the idea from the following:
              "Plink plank plink plank...Weeeoooweeeooo...Plink plank plink plank...Weeeoooweeeooo"
              This 'sound' has been parodied nicely by the fictional rapper "Peacey-P" of the Homestar Runner universe. I don't hate all rap, I LOVE stuff like "Ghetto Superstar" that crosses hip-hop with vocal stuff and does it nicely. I also like Eminem simply for his inventiveness at stringing stuff together.

Got a friend who is hooked on "Goodnight Irene". I'm not sure why, but that song puts me to sleep... And oddly, I love the similar-sounding "When The River Meets The Sea" (Jim Henson fans will get this one) and he finds it terminally boring and calls it "slow". And what, you can measure "Goodnight Irene" in bpm??

Comment

Originally posted by Skunkle View Post
                That being: some types of rap/R&B songs. I hate listening to the songs that use what I call "random nonsense" as the musical back-up.
                Not a fan of scat or doo-wop, huh.

The voice is an incredibly versatile instrument. Why should we restrict ourselves to only using it to form words?

Ella Fitzgerald running a line of scat. Not to everybody's taste (mine, for example), but a fantastic example.

Rockapella doing Moments of You. I love Rockapella.

Here's another piece with no words, though it's not actually scat or doo-wop. Cats On Mars from Cowboy Bebop. Don't let the structure fool you - the artist has a passion for singing nonsense.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Do the contemporary artist NOT have any creativity or did that just die in the early 90's with the resurgences of "corp"/prepackaged music?
                  Remember Sturgeon's Law. 90 percent of everything is crap. 90 percent of music these days sucks, but it always has.
                  "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                  ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Pulling the vocalism tangent out and taking it over here (in case you haven't already noticed ):
                    http://fratching.com/showthread.php?t=4341

^-.-^

Comment

I HATE Bob Carlyle's "Butterfly Kisses". Ugh, ick, ick, ick.
                      And Amy Sky's "I will take care of you". Ugh, so much sap my teeth rot. It takes an hour or so of Eminem to get the mush out of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Ree View Post
                        Catchy tune but the lyrics suck big time.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0

Sounds like it was written by a 12 year old. LOL.
                        I heard that song on (oddly enough) Friday. My mind hasn't been the same since, and I'll never get that time back.

Comment

That "Friday" song has a pretty interesting story behind it. Here is a link a wikipedia article. Even funnier is the TvTropes article on it.

With that said, the song is pretty awful.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FISHEO3gsM

Some comments read like they believe this is an original Dylan, or am I just missing their sarcasm?

Comment

The song?

1. Assuming the human voice is an instrument, those are some lovely vuvuzelas those kids got.

2. Quite the argument for child labor, isn't it?

Comment

Okay, two words people: Rebecca Black.

Out of curiosity, I youtube'd this song "Fried Egg"--oops, sorry, "Friday" of hers because it's evidently gone viral for some reason. I sat through the whole thing. I now hate myself and want to die.

It's pretty clear the video wasn't for mass consumption--just a way for her to have fun and make her own music video with the help of people who do that kind of thing.

But burn the thing to DVD and leave it off youtube! I'm sorry. She can't sing, the person who wrote the song can't write songs, and the person who shot the video can't shoot a decent video.

Comment

Working...
                                X