Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The equivalent of three million dump truck loads of wet earth."

Timothy Egan on Oso mudslide

Yeesh! It's even worse if you look at the satellite photos.

Comment

• If a state cannot be permitted to define marriage as simply as constituting one man and one woman, then our culture will be taken down a very slippery slope that will see pedophiles, polygamists, zoophiles, those in incestuous relationships, and every other sexual deviant with proclivities now known or to be invented to challenge laws that, likewise, prevent them from marrying whom -- or what -- they wish.
      -
      A brief filed to the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals by Kyle Bristow, Attorney for Traditionalist Youth Network

The TYN is a white supremacy group.

The Sixth Circuit should use this brief to line a birdcage, because that's all it's good for.
      - Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette

You know an anti-marriage equality argument is crazy when an anti-marriage equality advocate denounces your anti-marriage equality statement. Then again, what would you expect from a pro-racism group?

White Nationalist Group Claims Legalizing Gay Marriage Is 'Slippery Slope' To Pedophilia, Zoophilia
      Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

• "I am opposed to the death penalty, but to every rule there is an exception, and in this case I hope the criminals at General Motors will be arrested and made to pay for their pre-meditated decision to take human lives for a lousy ten bucks."

Michael Moore

Like or hate Moore (I personally am in the 'dislike' category), I can't really refute this statement. Problem is other corporations are just as guilty of this, they just haven't been caught yet.

Comment

• "I'm not kidding you, you put him on a balcony in a military uniform, this guy is a full-fledged dictator...He's a sociopath!"

Glenn Beck on President Obama

Oh lookie! Beck's trying to stay relevant. He's not succeeding, but he's trying.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
            "I'm not kidding you, you put him on a balcony in a military uniform, this guy is a full-fledged dictator...He's a sociopath!"

Glenn Beck on President Obama

Oh lookie! Beck's trying to stay relevant. He's not succeeding, but he's trying.
            Ignoring the fact that were this true, he would have been "disappeared" or "re-educated" a long time ago
            I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
            Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

• Eh, the only difference between Beck and an old man on a porch yelling the same garbage is Beck has a microphone. Same sized audience though.

Comment

• "The Founding Fathers were all many of them very involved in this and always have been."

Kentucky GOP Senate candidate Matt Bevin, on cockfighting and dogfighting

They were also involved in slavery and look! That's illegal now as well!

Comment

• they also hated political parties, funnily enough. ( amusingly enough, it is because they foresaw exactly the kind of shenanigans that the Republican party are currently using)

Comment

• "I go about my business each day trying to avoid having to think about it."

FL Gov. Jeb Bush, on the idea of running for president

Gee, he really is the smart one. What he's doing in Florida then is anyone's guess.

Comment

• "CBS has just declared war on the heartland of America."

Rush Limbaugh, on Stephen Colbert replacing David Letterman as host of "The Late Show"

Aww, someone's jealous. After seeing this I really want Colbert's first night being a giant "SUCK IT!" to Rush.

Comment

• I'm not sure whether to be glad or disappointed that Colbert's getting The Late Show. Presumably he won't be doing it in character, but what's he like *out* of his character and will people like it? Hopefully they'll at least leave the archive of shows up, since they've shown no interest in pruning it so far.
                        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

• "In making a decision to buy a car, I put research in there to find out what to do."

MO state Rep. Chuck Gatschenberger, defending a bill that requires ultrasound for a woman seeking an abortion

I'm sure this makes sense in his head, but in this world we call reality, I fail to see he correlation.

Comment

• I think he is trying to say that no one should make important decisions without having all the relevant info.

Comment

• But it's up to each individual to determine what factors THEY think are relevant before making a decision. He's pushing to force people to consider the factors HE thinks are relevant, when making a decision where the adverse impact increases rapidly with time (the further along in pregnancy, the greater the risk involved with an abortion, and by requiring time-consuming steps could put women past the legal time limit). What's to say some hospital won't triage ultrasound services by putting women seeking abortion to the back of the line?

Using the car analogy, an environmental activist in a position of power legislates that any purchaser must review the methods used by each factory for control of vapours in the paint shop before they buy. For me, that's not even on my list of things to consider. Why should I spend time checking out something that's of no concern to me just because it's the hobbyhorse of someone in a position of power?

Comment

• WHY do I want to disavow that I was born in that state???? they keep getting nuttier and nuttier with each passing year.
                                I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                                The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Working...
                                X