X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
    "I don't recognize the United States government as even existing."

Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy

I'm sure that will work well In your favour when the officials finally get fed up enough to shut you down.
    Geez, of all the quotes Cliven Bundy made recently that's the one they're going to highlight?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
      Geez, of all the quotes Cliven Bundy made recently that's the one they're going to highlight?
      To be fair, racists are more common than we'd like to think, but it takes something special to say that the US government doesn't exist.

Bit like a talking goldfish, you know?

Rapscallion
      Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
      Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

• "Waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists."

Sarah Palin

You know that Abraham Lincon quote "Better to be silent and thought a fool..."?

Palin never understood it.

Comment

• The US government is better armed. It's a bit like how people are more surprised to see someone mouthing off to 7 feet of muscle than 5 feet of noodle arms.

Comment

• "The gates of success swing open for hypocrites, chameleons, bullies, and yes-men."

NRA ad, on the world

Out of context it makes no sense, in context it's justification for lethal force being the first choice.

Comment

• "The only reason he's in trouble right now is he did not give enough money to Obama."

Rush Limbaugh on Clippers owner Donald Sterling

Bet Limbaugh blames Obama if the sky's cloudy when he wakes up in the morning as well.

And honestly, this quote is more a testament of me keeping this thread up to date, as I otherwise ignore his rambling.

Comment

• "A lot of NBA players come here to party. Out of respect to them, we have banned Sterling from coming here."

Dennis Hof, owner of the Bunny Ranch and six other Nevada brothels

And who says there's no humour to be found in this fiasco?

Comment

• Originally posted by "from the BBC's article
                  "There are far too many homosexuals in Parliament."

She added: "They are only 1.5% of the population, a proportion that justifies about 10 MPs in total, yet there seem to be hundreds of them, all in important positions and giving each other favours. That is a violation of democracy."

Commenting on the resignation of the chief executive of Mozilla, Brendan Eich, who was criticised for his views on same-sex marriage, she wrote: "Homo fascism is a threat to fundamental human rights."
                  Julia Gasper of the English Democrats, MEP candidate.

-

*snort* what's that coming over the hill, is it a shitstorm?

Er, lady, not a great thing to say when you're wanting to be voted into the Euro parliament in three weeks. Open mouth, insert foot, leg and pelvis?

Comment

• not unexpected- we ARE the country that had a political party called "The Monster Raving Loony Party"- which has actually won a few council seats, IIRC.

(oh, and she's also an idiot about how many homosexuals there are- IIRC, it's about 20% of the population, not 1.5%)

Comment

• Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
                      not unexpected- we ARE the country that had a political party called "The Monster Raving Loony Party"- which has actually won a few council seats, IIRC.

(oh, and she's also an idiot about how many homosexuals there are- IIRC, it's about 20% of the population, not 1.5%)
                      I think it's more 20% of the population are in the bucket of people who are not exclusively heterosexual, or even at one time in their lives had a homosexual feeling of some sort, which does not automatically identify them as homosexual.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
                        I think it's more 20% of the population are in the bucket of people who are not exclusively heterosexual, or even at one time in their lives had a homosexual feeling of some sort, which does not automatically identify them as homosexual.
                        Am I correct in using this analogy to explain your statement?

X% of the population has at some time in the last month consumed an alcoholic beverage. This does not mean that X% of the population are currently intoxicated to a level which would make it illegal for them to drive.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfie View Post
                          Am I correct in using this analogy to explain your statement?

X% of the population has at some time in the last month consumed an alcoholic beverage. This does not mean that X% of the population are currently intoxicated to a level which would make it illegal for them to drive.
                          Well, for the first part of that statement, I'm referring to those who might be bisexual, asexual, or otherwise not exclusively heterosexual.

For the second part, in a sense, yes, except those statements in your analogy are far more concrete than having "homosexual feelings." According to Wikipedia, " In a 2006 study, 20% of respondents anonymously reported some homosexual feelings, although only 2-3% identified themselves as homosexual." Depending on how "homosexual feelings" is described during the study, people could answer that question in a myriad of ways. Having had homosexual feelings while being heterosexual could mean anything from having had a history of sexual abuse, to unknowingly flirting with a man in drag, to simply recognizing the attractiveness of someone of the same gender. Regardless of whether those factually count as "homosexual feelings," certain people are going to take that phrase to mean what they think it means.

Comment

• Oh dearie, I seem to have started a different flavour of shitstorm than 'mouldy cheese brains of politicians'...

Just remember, with her quote in context, '67.5-and-a-half% of all statistics are made up on the spot'.

Housemate pointed out thar she's standing for the South-East. Which includes BRIGHTON. She ain't goin' nowhere.

Oh and the Monster Raving Loonies are awesome! They keep standing in my constituency. I hope there'll be one on the 22nd

Comment

• "Look, I thought I could have won last time. I'm convinced."

Rick Santorum, on 2012

And how soon was he eliminated from the primaries?

Comment

• You mean that shit stain is still in the news?

Comment

Working...
                                X