Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "We can neither confirm nor deny that this is our first tweet."

Twitter post by the CIA

I think everything the CIA puts out is automatically preceded with "We can neither confirm or deny that"

Comment

• Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
      "We can neither confirm nor deny that this is our first tweet."

Twitter post by the CIA

I think everything the CIA puts out is automatically preceded with "We can neither confirm or deny that"
      I can neither confirm or deny that I found that funny.
      Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

• "It's better not to argue with women."

Vladimir Putin

Putin gets it! Sadly American politicians haven't hit that level of intelligence.

Comment

• "Sometimes it's right, sometimes it's wrong."

Indian politician Babulai Gaur, on rape

Is it any wonder that India has such a problem with this?

Comment

• "It's been doing that for centuries. It gets hot, it gets cold...Why did the dinosaurs go extinct? Were there men that were causing -- were there cars running around at that point, that were causing global warming? No."

Rep. Jeff Miller on climate change

You know the saying "those who can't, teach"? well those who can't teach go into politics.

Comment

• "I don't have a well-crafted response on that one."

Professor of Economics and GOP Congressional candidate David Brat, when asked if he favored raising the minimum wage

Translation: I have no way of saying "to hell with the working plebs" without making it sound like like that.

Comment

• "As time passes, it'll be like the Hollywood sign...I have the hottest brand in the world right now, and there are those who are saying I'm doing Chicago a favor."

Donald Trump on the controversial 20-foot-high 'Trump' on his new skyscraper

I imagine those saying he's doing Chicago a favor are those not in or leaving the city.

Comment

• "Whether or not you feel compelled to follow a particular lifestyle or not, you have the ability to decide not to do that. I may have the genetic coding that I'm inclined to be an alcoholic, but I have the desire not to do that, and I look at the homosexual issue the same way."

Texas Gov. Rick Perry

Slight problem with your example Perry. You're talking about choice but you're not giving one.

Comment

• "But [Republicans] are for equal marriage. We're not against that at all. We believe that everyone should have the same right."

--Stacey Dash, Fox News contributor

Oh, really? I guess it's appropriate that a statement would come from a woman who starred in a movie called "Clueless."
                    Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

• Originally posted by catcul View Post
                      "But [Republicans] are for equal marriage. We're not against that at all. We believe that everyone should have the same right."

--Stacey Dash, Fox News contributor

Oh, really? I guess it's appropriate that a statement would come from a woman who starred in a movie called "Clueless."
                      if you follow the republican definition of marriage ( between one man and one woman) then it makes sense.

Comment

• This is a long one...

"Rarely has a president been so wrong about so much at the expense of so many."
                        -- Dick and Liz Cheney on Obama, June 18, 2014

"Once you got to Iraq and took it over, and took down Saddam Hussein's government, then what are you going to put in its place? If you take down the central government of Iraq you can easily end up seeing pieces of Iraq fly off. It's a quagmire if you go that far and try to take over Iraq."
                        -- Dick Cheney, April 15, 1994

"We will, in fact, be greeted as liberators."
                        -- Dick Cheney, March 16, 2003

"When I think civil war, I think Antietam, Gettysburg. I don't think we're there yet."
                        -- Dick Cheney, October 25, 2006

"So?"
                        -- Dick Cheney, when informed by a reporter that two-thirds of Americans do not think the Iraq war was worth the cost, March 19, 2008

"If there is one thing this country does not need, it is that we should be taking advice from Dick Cheney on wars."
                        -- Sen. Harry Reid

I agree with Reid. Cheney changes his stance more often than food health guides.

Comment

• "When George Bush realized his strategy in Iraq was failing, he said, 'I got it wrong.'"

Former Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz, on CNN

And this realization cam when, 2010?

Comment

• or rather, if he did realise he had got it wrong during his term, why didn't he change his strategy?

Comment

• "A Kim Jong POTUS."

Rep. Steve King on Obama

I wonder at what point they'll realize that making these absurd hyperbole remarks about Obama is doing noting but making them look stupid.

Comment

• when they start losing elections because of it, I suspect. ( and it won't be that long- IIRC, demographic trends mean the white house will become physically impossible for the Republican Party to win the white house by 2020, with Congress following soon after.)

Comment

Working...
                                X