No announcement yet.

The Doonesbury "Say What?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Abortion can be accessed by driving approximately 230-250 miles -- an inconvenience, but still a manageable one."

Texas AG and GOP gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott, on the law shutting down 80% of his state's abortion clinics

ugh, I just have no words for this...

Comment

• WTF? If there were something I wanted, and I had to drive 250 miles to get it, that would be a BIG obstacle (and I have a somewhat different opinion of "too far to drive" than most people).

Comment

• "Is apparently the new commander of the Democrats' war on women nurses. Because, goodnight, they set them up, and then they throw them under the bus."

Rep. Louie Gohmert on CDC head Thomas Frieden

So dealing in facts is "throwing them under a bus" now. Yes the CDC head did say they violated safety protocols, they also said they weren't properly trained in the protocols. Guess Goober, er Gohmert missed that part.

Comment

• "His affinities, his affiliations are with them. Not us. That's what people seem unwilling to accept. He's their leader...We don't have a president."

Fox News commentator Keith Ablow on why Obama won't ban flights from Africa

Still trying to spin that birther theory huh?

Comment

• "I have to tell you the truth. I'm tired of hearing about the minimum wage. I really am."

NJ Gov. Chris Christie

Well there is a solution to that but it would require you to actually do your job. I know that's a horrifying concept for you.

Comment

• "Whatever story, whatever angle, whatever story is out there, there's always some sort of supposed media-bias angle to it. And I'm like, 'Aren't they the No. 1 news media outlet on cable?'"

"Meet the Press" host Chuck Todd on Fox News

Says a lot about modern news, huh?

Comment

• "Before Obamacare, there had never been a confirmed case of Ebola in the U.S."

Nick Muzin, Deputy Chief of Staff and Senior Advisor for Sen. Ted Cruz

I would say they need a lobotomy but:

1) I think they already had one and
                2) I don't think it did any good.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
                  "Before Obamacare, there had never been a confirmed case of Ebola in the U.S."

I would say they need a lobotomy but:

1) I think they already had one and
                  2) I don't think it did any good.
                  Thanks for the instant MASSIVE headache Nick!!!!! The stupid is REALLY strong this time around.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                  The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

• "[Former Reagan chief of staff Donald T. Regan] said an astrologer had set the time for summit meetings, presidential debates, Reagan's 1985 cancer surgery, State of the Union addresses and much more. Without an O.K. from the astrologer, he said, Air Force One did not take off."

from the NYT obituary of White House astrologer Joan Quigley

Says a lot about the Regan administration, doesn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
                      "Before Obamacare, there had never been a confirmed case of Ebola in the U.S."

How would Nick react if someone pointed out that, before Bush Junior took office, there had never been a terrorist attack by Islamic fundamentalists on U.S. soil?

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfie View Post
                        How would Nick react if someone pointed out that, before Bush Junior took office, there had never been a terrorist attack by Islamic fundamentalists on U.S. soil?
                        Not the best example as there was an attempt 8 years prior claimed by the same group.

Anyways:

WI Gov. Scott Walker, when asked if he rejected Medicaid expansion in order to help the health insurance companies which contributed significantly to his campaign:

"Actually, if you think about it, it's just the opposite. It means fewer people would be on insurance actually, if, in the end, if there were more people there they'd be under Medicaid. It's not a, for us, it has no decision one way of the other."

Asked in a follow-up if he was saying health insurance companies did not benefit at all from his decision on Medicaid, even though an estimated 78,000 customers were forced off the state program and had to go to private providers:

"In the end I'm saying that you had people before who were on a waitlist, and those weren't folks that were affected one way or another by insurance out there, and the fact is to my knowledge they haven't lobbied me personally nor anybody in my administration on this."

Wow, so many words to say "they didn't vote for me so I don't care about them."

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfie View Post
                          Uh, technically there was the WTC bombing of 1993... but I can't remember whether Bush Sr was still in office then or Clinton had taken the presidency by then.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry, I thought I was at the last page when I replied
                          Last edited by NorthernZel; 10-29-2014, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• "Damn, baby, you're a piece of woman."
                            --Fox News co-host Bob Beckel commenting on Shoshana B. Roberts, in discussing her viral video about street harrassment, which shows her receiving 100 catcalls while walking through NYC for a day

"It's their bar, and she's walking through it."
                            -- co-host Greg Gutfield

Honestly, this crap coming from Fox News isn't even surprising anymore.

Comment

• "Climate change alarmists and those who are pushing population control … promote homosexuality. They deny it but the evidence is there; it’s footnoted in my book."

- Family Research Council president Tony Perkins

It's a rare insanity two combine two paranoid delusional fantasies and shamelessly promoting a book into one quote. It's shameless self-promotion at its worst.
                              Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

• "Get out and vote. If it's the day to go vote, make sure you go vote before you burn one down. Don't get high and forget to vote."

Willie Nelson

Probably could have done without the stoner reference, but otherwise a good statement.

Comment

Working...
                                X