May 21, 2011 is ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
    But he retains his previous "earth form" then he would still be "Arabic" (for lack of a better description), and there *are* Arabic Christians. Just not very many because that kind of thing tends to get you blown up over there.
    There are more Arabic Christians in the world than Jews, if you can believe it.

I'll see if I can dig up some numbers.

Comment

I tried reading one end of days pdf, I gave up, not cos it was hogwash etc, but I just couldn't read a pdf on my pc without getting in the right position whcih got uncomfy real quick.

But in it he explained the existance of dinosaurs even though they are omited in the bible etc. When Lucifer fell and the angel wars happened, god 'nuked' the earth, that at the time was inhabited by whichever was the last period of the dinosaurs. So it was god not an asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs, but we all know Adrik did that crashing a ship into earth.

Edit:
      as meantioned once in this thread, has any doomsayer linked the as yet unknown deaths of hundreds of birds and fish over the last week or so?
      are people going to start checking for near miss asteroids more often, as although the 'true believers' will be saved, the remaining will have to wait out however long we have left.
      Last edited by Ginger Tea; 01-07-2011, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunkle View Post
        What signs are said to point to the False Prophet?
        Think "Celebrity Jesus". He's suppose to show up claiming to be God Boy Wonder and perform miracles on live TV while rolling in your adoration. But you won't know he's not Jesus until the world ends and Jesus arrives and goes "Dude, that is SO not me. You twits.".

Though I may be paraphrasing a little. -.-

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
        But in it he explained the existance of dinosaurs even though they are omited in the bible etc. When Lucifer fell and the angel wars happened, god 'nuked' the earth, that at the time was inhabited by whichever was the last period of the dinosaurs. So it was god not an asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs, but we all know Adrik did that crashing a ship into earth.
        I think fossil/dinosaur explainations are some of my favourite parts of the loony fringe ranting. Jesus totally rode dinosaurs.

And yeah, I'm waiting for the End Of The World(tm) froth to really get going in relation to to the bird/fish deaths. Nevermind that such events are actually fairly common. The media just doesn't usually mention it or link them all together into a doomsday scenario.
        Last edited by Gravekeeper; 01-07-2011, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Scientists found an oceanic event that would have mirrored the parting of the Red Sea for Moses and they have found reasons for other animal misteries before

"the day it rained frogs/fish"
          yes its odd to find the sky dropping frogs or fish onto you, but you then find out there was a Tornado near by that just sucked them all up at one point and dropped them when it ran out of juice. And there may have been multiple bird deaths before, but as weve had 4 or 5 incidents within a fortnight, it is odd, biblical event or no.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
            Scientists found an oceanic event that would have mirrored the parting of the Red Sea for Moses and they have found reasons for other animal misteries before

<snip>
            but as weve had 4 or 5 incidents within a fortnight, it is odd, biblical event or no.
            Fossils are not an animal mystery though.

Do not mistake coincidence for paranormal. Having 4 or 5 incidents within a fortnight is inevitable when they're a common event in begin wth. It's unlikely, but in any system that exists long enough it will eventually occur through chance. It is mathematically inevitable really.

Besides, its not that this hasn't happened before, its more likely this is the first time we've noticed.

Comment

I'm not mistaking coincidence for paranormal, I thought I worded it to say I found it 'Odd' and odd alone, I just added on the biblical event or no, as sooner or later some nut job is going to add dead birds + dead fish + this date = OMGWTFBBQelebenty

I wasn't questioning fossils, but other animal misteries like the ones we have at the moment, but now solved eg raining frogs, until solved, this current crop are misteries, a few coinciding misteries non the less.

I've never really worried about any reported incidents in the past, probably never got past the headline if I even knew it was there to read. I'm just noting without researching the phenomenom, of 4 or 5 incidents in a short time frame (and how someone somewhere could go 2+2=5)

Comment

animal misteries like the ones we have at the moment
                Google "The Summer of the Shark".

News is slow right now. The fish and bird stuff isn't really all that unusual. The only unusual part is the media coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                  Do not mistake coincidence for paranormal.
                  Unless I am mistaken, s/he wasn't. I don't think odd means paranormal. I believe in the paranormal, but I don't attribute every strange event to it.
                  "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                  ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

It's like violent crime and school crime. Both stats have actually gone down, but reporting has become so pervasive, that people think they've gone up.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by BigGiant View Post
                      Google "The Summer of the Shark".

News is slow right now. The fish and bird stuff isn't really all that unusual. The only unusual part is the media coverage.
                      Yes, look at the US media's "Century of the Pedophile" coverage for lack of a better name. Which doesn't kick into gear unless its a little white girl. In which case by god you're going to hear about it for the next 6 months until they have you convinced every other person you see on the street is out to rape your children. Despite the fact it was one little girl out of 311 million people.

Its not that it happens more often, we just hear about it more now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                        Think "Celebrity Jesus". He's suppose to show up claiming to be God Boy Wonder and perform miracles on live TV while rolling in your adoration. But you won't know he's not Jesus until the world ends and Jesus arrives and goes "Dude, that is SO not me. You twits.".

Though I may be paraphrasing a little. -.-
                        That would be the Whore of Babylon...I think.
                        "It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

Comment

Think "Celebrity Jesus". He's suppose to show up claiming to be God Boy Wonder and perform miracles on live TV while rolling in your adoration.
                          Could you tell me what part of the Bible this is from? Because I don't quite recognize it, but maybe you could illuminate me.
                          "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                          ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by McDreidel09 View Post
                            That would be the Whore of Babylon...I think.
                            I think she's mainly just drunk and horny. Which is somewhat un-Jesus like. -.-

Comment

Hyena, what *does* the Bible say about the "end times", really? Can you paraphrase a bit?

Comment

I think I can, though I admit it has been awhile.

There are seven seals, and seven trumpets. Each seal causes bad things to happen, and so does the trumpets.

I don't remember the exact order of things (sorry), but things like famine, pestilence, etc. There will be wars and rumors of wars, brother will be against brother, stuff like that.

As for the 'anti-christ' .. the bible never actually says 'the anti-christ'. There will come a 'beast' in the guise of man who looks like a lamb, but speaks like a dragon (ie he will look somewhat like christ, but speak like satan). He will perform miracles, he will also at first be a peace maker.

He will basically fool everybody. He won't be alone however. There is mention of a seven headed beast, alluding to the fact (i believe) that 7 world leaders will be in league with the 'anti-christ'. Eventually it will get so that money is practically worthless, and the only way to trade is if you bear his/her mark. Some believe this mark to be 666. Me..not so sure about that.

This will supposedly cover 7 years. 3 1/2 of which will be a sort of 'golden age' as the beast fools everybody and does all sort of great things. Then comes the 'tribulations' lasting 3 1/2 years where he rules with an iron fist. Finally he will gather up an army, and head to fight god. He will lose. People think this is the end of the world..but that is not what I read. Supposedly Satan and the Beast get locked away 1000 years, get back out, fight again. Lose again..and get thrown into the pit of fire for good

At first it doesn't matter, nobody will know or recognize the beast. Once he reveals him/herself it will be too late. Or that is what I got from what I read. I am not perfect, and could be wrong

Edit : One thing to consider .. if I remember correctly .. it mentions birds falling from the air for no reason..and fish dying for no reason. I can link news reports of both happening recently. Interesting no?

Edit 2 : What is more interesting is the fact that the deaths will most likely be dismissed and/or ignored. See, the signs are supposed to happen and people ignore them. Now..is the end coming? I am not saying that is the case. In fact I do not follow Christianity (anymore). There have been 'signs' since people knew what the 'signs' were.
                                Last edited by Mytical; 01-08-2011, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X