May 21, 2011 is ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teysa View Post
    Don't these people remember that the Bible states quite clearly that no one knows the day or hour; that it will happen unexpectedly, when people aren't prepared for it?
    So, really, perhaps they are all conspiring to save the world by predicting God's dates and forcing him to keep pushing back the timeline until He can catch them offguard?

I have no actual input as I think it's a bunch of crap. Armageddon (per the Bible) was supposed to have taken place during the lifetime of the apostles. Along with the return of Jesus. So, either we all missed it a long, long time ago. Or the whole thing is just a bunch of sensationalist "scare 'em into agreeing with us" BS.

Comment

Hyena summed it up nicely. You've got the Beast, the False Prophet and the Whore of Babylon.

Revelations is an amazing trip. Someone had some good shit when they were writing it.

Comment

See, the signs are supposed to happen and people ignore them.
        It's not exactly that people ignore them; more that the "signs" are all things that happen all the time, and have been throughout history. Wars and rumors of wars? When is there *not* at least one war going on someplace and the threat elsewhere? No help at all.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

True, but there are a few that could be seen as signs that don't happen every day. Like the mysterious deaths of birds (falling from the sky) and fish lately *shrugs*. That is not a common every day thing. Of course there is a explanation for it, but just seems a bit..odd .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rld-apart.html

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...nd-new-zealand
          Last edited by Mytical; 01-09-2011, 04:49 AM.

Comment

The Arkansas fish die-offs are an annual thing, but this year was just in greater numbers. Honestly, it wouldn't have made the news if not for its proximity to Beebe, where the thousands of blackbirds fell, probably as a result of either fireworks or thunderstorms. The only result I heard was that their deaths were caused by "blunt force trauma." As Dad said, "Well, if a bird falls 50 feet from a tree to the asphalt, I bet it's gonna have some blunt force trauma."

Comment

Posted some links, for what it is worth. Wish I could find that link that had the total number (and it apparently happened all over the world) of fish/birds that have 'fallen from the sky' all over the world.

Comment

Just to make things a bit more confusing. I submit to you the 'water will turn to blood' . http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30251177...ience-science/

Sorry, can't resist. I will try to behave now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mytical View Post
                  Just to make things a bit more confusing. I submit to you the 'water will turn to blood' .
                  That's not confusing unless you already think Obama is the Antichrist. -.-

Comment

Nah, so far he hasn't caused the blind to see..walked on water..or anything similar.

Comment

But he has to be! The same way Bush and Clinton and Reagan had to be!
                      "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                      ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Mytical View Post
                        As for the 'anti-christ' .. the bible never actually says 'the anti-christ'.
                        It's been a while since I plowed my way through the bible, but I seem to recall that 'anti-Christ' *is* in fact in the bible (I can't recall which particular version, probably KJ), but it refers to everyone who rejects Christ's teachings. Essentially, every non-Christian (and Christians who don't follow his teachings) are anti-christ(s).

Comment

Originally posted by draco664 View Post
                          It's been a while since I plowed my way through the bible, but I seem to recall that 'anti-Christ' *is* in fact in the bible (I can't recall which particular version, probably KJ), but it refers to everyone who rejects Christ's teachings. Essentially, every non-Christian (and Christians who don't follow his teachings) are anti-christ(s).
                          According to the NIV version, it appears in 1 John 2:18-22:
                          18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.
                          20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.[e] 21 I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth. 22 Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...22&version=NIV
                          It is also mentioned in 1 John 4:3:
                          3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...:3&version=NIV
                          Also, it appears in 2 John 1:7:
                          7 I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...:7&version=NIV
                          "You are a true believer. Blessings of the state, blessings of the masses. Thou art a subject of the divine. Created in the image of man, by the masses, for the masses. Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy more and be happy."
                          -- OMM 0000

Comment

Since the shooting in Arizona, I've yet to hear anything on the "mysterious" birds and fishies dying....

News was slow...not anymore.

Comment

I heard something today about their being caused by the DADT repeal...
                              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                                I heard something today about their being caused by the DADT repeal...
                                Yes, from a "respected prophet" <cough>. Who, I should note, has a ton of Youtube videos utterly full of crazy. Including trying to exorcise the "homosexual spirits" out of people and yelling at God to make AIDS go away.

Comment

Working...
                                X