Pro-life protesters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
    Estrogen pills and progesterone injections seem to wreak havoc on a lot of women. I won't even go into detail about side effects because they are pretty well known and a mile long list.

I would imagine that rendering a male's sperm useless would be safer than shutting down ovaries and keeping the uterine lining always too thick.
    Not really, it'd basically have to shut down the testes.

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
    I don't think men have to worry about weight gain the way women do. We have more fat than men, and we carry excess weight in places that they don't. Men only have to worry about getting moobs and a gut, not thunder thighs and saddlebags and a giant ass, not to mention we even store excess fat in our arms and our necks and ankles.
    And of all of those places, the gut is the worst place to store it, the increase in risk of heart related problems are massive.

Doing a bit of research on male contraceptives, one method actually includes depo prevera.
    I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
    Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
      And of all of those places, the gut is the worst place to store it, the increase in risk of heart related problems are massive.
      There was something on the radio the other morning that was talking about the fact that people who gain weight all over have a massively lower likelihood of developing a plethora of cancers and other conditions than people who gain weight almost entirely in the gut region.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
        They're honestly not pro life. They're pro birth. They want births to happen. After you're in the world, you become someone else's problem. Hell, many of them also support the death penalty.

^-.-^
        pro-life and pro capital punishment aren't as mutually exclusive as you'd think.
        pro-life is more accurately described as pro INNOCENT life. If you believe that life starts at conception and abortion is murder (notice the word if). Being that they are living but have not yet committed any crimes they are innocent and do not deserve death (once again, going with the assumption that they are already living at that point).
        A criminal on the other hand, has proven that they are not worthy of living (or at least in the mind of some, myself included... my attitude, the correctional institutions should be just for that, do everything we can to rehabilitate someone, but if that is not possible, if they are beyond rehabilitation, stop putting good citizens to risk and eliminate the threat) and therefor it is appropriate to kill them.

It's not that pro-lifers are hypocrites, they just have a different (and I might say wrong) view about the nature of when life begins and who needs protecting (I will agree with the hypocrisy cries when it comes to pro-lifers who want to cut education and healthcare funding).
        "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsoul View Post
          Would it be in poor taste if I made an "Anti-Life" bumper sticker with a picture of a Dalek?
          Yes, because obviously an anti-life bumper sticker should have Darkseid.
          "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
          ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
            (I will agree with the hypocrisy cries when it comes to pro-lifers who want to cut education and healthcare funding).
            You just described my evangelical pro-life aunt and uncle. They're both rabidly pro-life...but since they have all the money they need they seem fine with cutting social security (erm, aren't both of you utilizing that right now?), healthcare, education, etc. Basically anything that they don't use is fair game.
            "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
              Yes, because obviously an anti-life bumper sticker should have Thanos.
              Fixed. Darkseid never had Death as a lover.

Comment

I always enjoyed Bill Hicks' unique viewpoint on the subject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92GXv...eature=related

Around a minute in.

"If you're so pro-life, do me a favour. Don't lock arms and blockade medical clinics. Lock arms and block cemeteries. Let's see how committed you are to this fucking idea."

Comment

Originally posted by dendawg View Post
                  Fixed. Darkseid never had Death as a lover.
                  [GEEK]
                  correct me if I am wrong, but I don´t think Thanos ever had death as a lover, I think the only character who had (marvel´s)death as a lover was Deadpool(after all, they do "like pubescent bunnies" for a moth.

Thanos tries a lot, but she is already too interested in deadpool, the only mortal who actually loves her.[/GEEK]

but yes, those people also annoy me,.

I also believe in the old spanish proverb:

"Sometimes it´s more appropriated to mourn for someone when they are born, then when they die."

some times I think people tend to think that children are inherently good, and that anything that would prevent something good to come would be evil.

Comment

Originally posted by SkullKing View Post
                    [GEEK]
                    correct me if I am wrong, but I don´t think Thanos ever had death as a lover, I think the only character who had (marvel´s)death as a lover was Deadpool(after all, they do "like pubescent bunnies" for a moth.

Thanos tries a lot, but she is already too interested in deadpool, the only mortal who actually loves her.[/GEEK]

but yes, those people also annoy me,.

I also believe in the old spanish proverb:

"Sometimes it´s more appropriated to mourn for someone when they are born, then when they die."

some times I think people tend to think that children are inherently good, and that anything that would prevent something good to come would be evil.
                    [GEEK]Obviously you're failing to get the joke, because Darkseid's goal was always to find the Anti-Life Equation. If anyone is Anti-Life its Darkseid. Thanos is merely pro-Death[/GEEK]

As for the non-geek part, is that "Children existing are inherently good," or "Children personally are inherently good"
                    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Working...
                    X