No announcement yet.

Pro-life protesters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm definitively pro-choice, but I certainly do not think that all pro-life people are crazy nutjobs like the ones who torment people entering PP or bomb abortion clinics. Unfortunately, as has been mentioned, they are the pro-lifers who get the most press. They are to pro-life what WBC is to Christianity. It's sad, but true.

AdminAssistant, I completely agree with you how insane it is that so many women are so ready to give up their rights to make their own informed decisions. I simply cannot understand this way of thinking. Have they been so brainwashed by what they've been taught since birth that they seriously think that they are less capable of making their own decisions than a man is? Or is something else going on? I just don't know

Comment

Originally posted by IDrinkaRum View Post
      Who can interfere with free will?
      Those with a stronger will and the power to back them, like religious organizations and their lobbies.
      "You are a true believer. Blessings of the state, blessings of the masses. Thou art a subject of the divine. Created in the image of man, by the masses, for the masses. Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy more and be happy."
      -- OMM 0000

Comment

Ipecac - you are correct. Now the Free Will of Hitler and Stalin and all those who would commit mass murder should be dealt with. However, if it is a lone woman and a lone man (or just the woman and the man is not in the picture) and it concerns HER body (and not the bodies of lots of people), then we should not interfere.

I know my stance is against what the Roman Catholic Church says about birth control. However, the way I see it, if the doctor were to tell me tomorrow if I had another child, I would die, I'd either use birth control or have a hysterectomy because getting pregnant would be tantamount to committing suicide (knowingly doing something that will kill me).

I don't believe in what America had in the 40s, 50s, and part of the 60s: An unwed mother's house where girls would go to have their babies and come home after visiting "Aunt Harriett". That's wrong on many levels. But at the same time, it could have been avoided if the sex talk was told in more households and schools.
        Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

Originally posted by IDrinkaRum View Post
          I believe we need more and better birth control (both male and female) for those who are having sex.

I believe in more and better sex education in the schools. (Teaching abstinence doesn't cut it). And yes, parents should be the "first line of defense" in teaching about sex, but let's face it, there are parents out there that say: "Sex? Don't do it!" and then leave it at that.
          I agree with you on that! The more educated people are on sex, the more they know on how they can prevent unwanted pregnancies. Bristol Palin is sheer proof that abstinence only sex ed doesn't work.
          There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

I don't think we need better birth control, what there is is pretty much as good as it can get, it's the education and availability that's needed.
            I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
            Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

how about a male birth control pill?

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                I don't think just because someone is pro-life that they are necessarily people who protest at PP or quote the Bible or are religious extremists that see masturbation as wasteful.

I don't agree with the pro-life stance, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it's fair to paint them all as religious nuts who bomb abortion clinics.
                I completely agree with this.

The problem is (as someone said upthread) similar to the PETA whackos. A few bad ones spoil it for the rest.

I am pro-choice, and have had lively debates with many pro-life people, none of whom are militant or creepy about it.

Comment

Originally posted by gremcint View Post
                  FDA won't approve them. I could have sworn that they were already out in Europe but my initial searches just find news articles that they are coming out soon. Injections for me! One shot and I can have sex without any kids for three months? Hell yea!
                  Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Looks like they're on their way.
                    "You are a true believer. Blessings of the state, blessings of the masses. Thou art a subject of the divine. Created in the image of man, by the masses, for the masses. Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy more and be happy."
                    -- OMM 0000

Comment

I don't understand why there aren't as many male birth control items out there as there are females. Is it because men need to go out there and prove they're men by sowing their "wild oats" and impregnating as many women as possible? Is it because it's easier to get the woman at least termporarily sterile than it is men?

I'd have thought with the amount of unwanted pregnancies out there, men as well as women would want to protect themselves. Especially with the men who may or may not trust their women who claim they're on the pill or doing whatever it takes to prevent a pregnancy and then the woman "oopses" them.
                      Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

Originally posted by gremcint View Post
                        Personally, I wouldn't want such a thing. Mainly cuz a) it's my body that's going to suffer if anything goes wrong and b) Fiance has the memory of a goldfish. I'd never be able to trust him to remember to take the pill every day.
                        "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                          I don't think just because someone is pro-life that they are necessarily people who protest at PP or quote the Bible or are religious extremists that see masturbation as wasteful.

I don't agree with the pro-life stance, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it's fair to paint them all as religious nuts who bomb abortion clinics.
                          Im sure for each 'nut job' protester out there there are more liberal pro lifer's out there, those that they themselves would never have an abortion and may not use contraception and its their lifestyle choice, those that only worry about their own plumbing I have no beef with.

If their freinds wanted to have an abortion, they would rather they didn't but they would not get all in your face about it and just accept their choice, they are a different kind of pro lifer than the ones that picket.

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
                            b) Fiance has the memory of a goldfish.
                            Shouldn't be koi about that.

Ba dum tish!

Rapscallion
                            Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                            Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
                              Shouldn't be koi about that.

Ba dum fish!
                              Fixed it.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X