No announcement yet.

The Doonesbury "Say What?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Thirty days in the hospital? And when she reappears, she's wearing glasses that are only for people who have traumatic brain injury? We need to know what's up with that."
    -- Karl Rove on Hillary Clinton, last Thursday

"No, no, no. Look, I'm not questioning her health. What I'm questioning is whether or not it's a done deal that she's running."
    -- Karl Rove on HIllary Clinton, yesterday

You know what funny about modern communication? What you say in public is still there no matter how much you deny it.

Comment

• Got a twofer today:

"I believe I did use the 'N' word in reference to the current occupant of the White House … For this I do not apologise – he meets and exceeds my criteria as such,"

-New Hampshire Police Commissioner Robert Copeland, just before he resigned.

Ladies and gentlemen, an example of the ones being left behind in the changing world. Let's speed things up, shall we?

"I now believe global warming alarmists are unpatriotic racists knowingly misleading for their own ends."

Wheel of Fortune host Pat Sajac

Racists? really? I'd say that you could do better, but you're not even the most popular part of your own show.

Comment

• I almost wonder if the job has anything to do with it; my understanding is that Chuck Woolery's views are similar.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

• "Are women themselves being taught to believe they were raped?...Yes...For every legitimate, actual rape claim there may be another that was not; a girl who cried rape."

A.J. Delgado in the National Review

And people wonder why so few actual rape cases are reported.

Comment

• "Given the month that she just had, I actually doubt very much whether she will run for president in 2016."

RNC chairman Reince Priebus on HRC

Yup, putting up with GOP assholes preading lies and misinformation about her would be pretty taxing. Oh! you mean her hospital stay! I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about something that was the truth. Silly me.

Comment

• "The most remarkable people of our time."

Kanye West on his in-laws, the Kardashians

I'd be gobsmacked, but I'm not sure anyone listens to him anymore apart from wondering what stupid crap comes out of his mouth next.

Comment

• Depends on what you mean by "remarkable." Certainly, there have been a lot if remarks made about them.
                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

• "I'd rather slam my hand in a car door."

Christine O'Donnell, on the idea of running for the U.S. Senate again

This seems to be a running theme.

Comment

• "Your dead kids don't trump my constitutional rights."

Joe "The Plumber" Werzelbacher, in an open letter to the parents of those killed by Elliot Rodgers, referred to as "this sad and insane individual. I almost said 'Obama voter,' but I'm waiting for it to be official."

Stay classy there Tea Party.

Comment

• "We kill people based on metadata."

Gen. Michael Hayden, former NSA and CIA director

I'd say I was surprised, but I'd be lying.

Comment

• "The National Weather Service says a swarm of grasshoppers was detected over Albuquerque's West Mesa for the fourth night in a row on Friday."

-- from AP story

That's interesting, I thought it was too wet this year for grasshopper swarms.

Comment

• "No matter what society does, there will always be mass murder -- always."

Bill O'Reilly

Well fucking duh O'Reilly, but because you can't eliminate it is no excuse to not try to mitigate it. Maybe if you stopped seeing in black and white (oops, sorry, red and blue) you'd realize it.

Comment

• Alright, listen up, you fucking assholes. That fucking girl right there is like fifteen fucking years old, and you fucking pieces of shit are molesting her while she’s on the fucking crowd. Your fucking mothers should be ashamed of themselves you pieces of shit. You should all be beaten down by everyone around you for being pieces of shit.

If I fucking see that shit again, I swear to god, I will point you out in the crowd and have everyone around you beat your fucking ass.

Now girls: feel free to crowdsurf safely.
                            Aaron Lewis, lead singer of Staind, at a concert.

While I don't condone violence, Aaron Lewis did the right thing by not tolerating that kind of behavior.
                            Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

• "He says he was growing his beard because his son was in captivity. Well, your son's out now. So if you really didn't want to look like a member of the Taliban, you don't have to look like a member of the Taliban. Are you out of razors?"

Fox News host Brian Kilmeade on Bob Bergdahl, father of released POW Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl

Wow, insulting the father? stay classy Fox.

Comment

• "I became convinced that I had died and no one was telling me."

Maureen Dowd, after ignoring cautions to not eat too much magic candy

Well, can't say she was wrong on that guess...

Comment

Working...
                                X