May 21, 2011 is ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slightly O/T cause I just realized"
    that is 4 days before my B-day. DAMN I will not get to see 51.
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

I forgot about this thread till today, but another on a tech forum popped up last week, I was going to post that maybe this was one of the many altered Skynet based Judgement days, but after a quick google, that was 21st of April not May.

Comment

Here's a link to a short essay I wrote about this whole thing:

http://derangedperson.deviantart.com/#/d3fdv2c

Enjoy.

Comment

I heard a follower of this... branch of religion on the radio today, and he said that one of the signs of the coming Apocalypse is that the Anti-Christ will be revealed and seen in churches around the world. And then he said that all the signs have already happened.

So, who is the Anti-Christ? I must have missed it when it was mentioned on CNN.

Comment

So... 15 more days till the end of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by derangedperson View Post
              Here's a link to a short essay I wrote about this whole thing:

http://derangedperson.deviantart.com/#/d3fdv2c

Enjoy.
              Excellent essay, thanks for posting that! Maybe send it to the editor of your local paper?
              People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
              If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

May 21st. 2011 is...

the day after May 20th. 2011
                the day before May 22nd, 2011

If I happen to be incorrect then people are free to make fun of me on May 23rd, 2011.

BUT... if the world is to end on May 22nd, what time. Are we going with Greenwich Standard? Or is the world going to end one time zone at a time? If thats the case can I avoid it by going to another time zone before the time zone im in ends?

These are the things that keep me up at night.

Comment

Ahh, Calvinism... I fully admit I am no scholar or expert on Christianity, but does Calvinism really boil down to the following? People are either born saved or born fallen, God chooses souls before birth. If you are saved, you will know it, and there is nothing you can do to fall. If you are fallen, there is nothing you can do to become saved. If so, seems like Westboro has expanded on this idea, to further say that the saved are righteous in vocally condemning the fallen.

I dunno, honestly... One of my family friends has done spirit channeling for years, not dead people but "spirit guides". I'm honestly not sure what I think about this, one way or another, but recently she/guide was asked, "What about 2012?", and was told that the guide could see nothing at all after 2012, but that this did not necessarily mean it was the end - rather, it could also be interpreted to mean, "We have to wait and see." These guides don't claim to see the future, normally just the present and past.

Comment

So, May 21 is the day of my High School graduation. I'm now looking forward to it, as one of the three non-Christians in my class of 450. Graduation is going to take five minutes!

Comment

• If I remember correct and I wish I could find it now but apparently Revelations was more of a coded rant against the Romans than anything. He mentions places that are specific to the times and events that are similar to what was going on in the world at the time. Apparently, it was written while he was in some Roman prison and that prison had some good stuff.

Comment

• I am no expert theologian, but I believe there are two very common interpretations of Revelation by most Christians.

1) The events of Revelation are metaphoric and pertain to the Roman Empire and the Emperor Nero who was in power at the time the book was written. Nero is considered by some to be "The beast" mentioned in the writings.

2) Revelation is a prophecy whose events have not yet come to pass and it explains what's actually going to happen during the second coming of Christ.

Personally I've found Revelation to be a challenge. I think it's highly implausible (but not entirely impossible) that the events described could actually ever happen but it's so deep with metaphor and symbolism it's quite tricky to discern what St. John the Divine actually *meant* when he wrote it.

Comment

• Roughly 2 days and counting. Anyone planning on eating at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe?

Comment

• Shoot, guess I'll have to brush up on my Hal Linden. I seem to remember him putting Revalations in terms of things that are around now. For instance, the AH-1 Cobra looks kind of like a dragonfly spitting out fire. The 65 lb hailstones of fire could be cluster munitions. But then again, I think that is more of attempt to shoehorn a "prophecy" into modern terms. Kind of like Nostradamus.

Comment

• Originally posted by protege View Post
                              Roughly 2 days and counting. Anyone planning on eating at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe?
                              Well, it's going down at 6pm pacific time, so my plans for the day is to catch a matinee movie (can't risk the projectionist getting raptured mid movie, now can we), come home, wish my neighbors a safe trip, and call dibs on their stuff
                              "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

• Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
                                Well, it's going down at 6pm pacific time, so my plans for the day is to catch a matinee movie (can't risk the projectionist getting raptured mid movie, now can we), come home, wish my neighbors a safe trip, and call dibs on their stuff
                                Damn, wish I'd read this yesterday. I had a couple of mature ladies knock on my door and ask me to read a booklet they had about who made and owned the universe.

They made some sort of mention about a higher power and asked if I believed in such. I'd got off the exercise bike about three minutes prior and was dripping sweat, wearing shorts and an exercise top, and grinned. "No."

"Then who made and created the universe then?"

"Me, because I'm awesome."

I think they turned and left on the simple grounds that I'd given them a thrill and they wanted to deny their true natures.

Now, however, I realised they wanted to get everything into order for their catapult into the ether.

Rapscallion
                                Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                                Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X