Royal Wedding Haters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bella_Vixen View Post
    She will not be called Princess Catherine, because she was not born a princess. She will be Princess William etc, Princes of ***, Duchess of ***, etc etc etc.

I know too much about useless facts, sometimes.

I'm confused about all the royal titles...I really am. But why isn't she a Princess of something? Diana was princess of Wales after she married Charles but then again I guess she wasn't ever Princess Diana....I don't get it....

And unlike some people I was alive when Charles and Diana got married and remember it quite well. I feel old
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
      I'm confused about all the royal titles...I really am. But why isn't she a Princess of something? Diana was princess of Wales after she married Charles but then again I guess she wasn't ever Princess Diana....I don't get it....

And unlike some people I was alive when Charles and Diana got married and remember it quite well. I feel old
      I think the term Princess was only valid as Diana Princess of Wales, she was also refered to as Lady Di/Diana, but Princess Diana would be incorect.

Should Charles become King William would become the next Prince of Wales and she would be Catherine Princess of Wales, when William becomes King, she will probably be the Dutchess of Edinburgh as Philip is not refered to as King.

I think thats how it goes, I'm rather meh about the Royals, ever since Cromwell's time and their loss of power, they are nothing but famous people on one of the largest bennefit packages in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by daleduke17 View Post
        IT ISN'T NEWS..
        Because the lowest common denominator wanted it; it's not about news, it's about ratings.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

well you can now buy the DVD to relive those moments when the news comes on

Comment

lets see the last one was 30 years ago(yup I watched it with my mom), so the Queen has had plenty of time to save up for a big shebang like this, and yes she paid for it, though the Middleton's contributed as well(about $100,000). And before anyone says "but that's the British people's money!". IF any politician saved his or her salary to have a huge wedding would you claim the same thing? Some economist actually crunched the numbers and found out if the Queen hadn't paid it would've cost the public a WHOPPING 96p per person. And with all the revenue it brought in for the country. I don't begrudge them a very large public wedding(or as some have called it "a public spectacle"), as I think a small more private ceremony would be somewhat insulting to the people they represent(not exactly sure what their responsibilities are governmentally speaking). Yes it was "all over the news" however I remember the wedding of Charles and Diana being the same.
            Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
              I think the term Princess was only valid as Diana Princess of Wales, she was also refered to as Lady Di/Diana, but Princess Diana would be incorect.

Should Charles become King William would become the next Prince of Wales and she would be Catherine Princess of Wales, when William becomes King, she will probably be the Dutchess of Edinburgh as Philip is not refered to as King.

I think thats how it goes, I'm rather meh about the Royals, ever since Cromwell's time and their loss of power, they are nothing but famous people on one of the largest bennefit packages in the UK.
              and after all that are they still duke and duchuess of cornwall or some someone else get those....

Comment

and after all that are they still duke and duchuess of cornwall or some someone else get those....
                No they are duke and ducthess of Cambridge where I live, thankfully they don't have to live here too.

Comment

I couldnt have cared less about the royal wedding... I wish them many years of marital bliss. I just got sick of hearing about it on the radio. Four days of talking about it wasnt necessary. The third day is when I started to get annoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by bara View Post
                    I couldnt have cared less about the royal wedding... I wish them many years of marital bliss. I just got sick of hearing about it on the radio. Four days of talking about it wasnt necessary. The third day is when I started to get annoyed.
                    What I find vaguely amusing is we had Maybe a week of media blitz over something that happens maybe once every 30-50 years, and it's OMG it's not news-this sucks!

But we have had Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, and Justin Beiber in the news almost daily for how many MONTHS, and nary a peep from much of anyone. Look at how much media coverage Anna Nicole Smith and Michael Jackson's deaths got? Around 6 weeks or more each, and one week of a happy celebration is "just too much" ? And the "king of pop" is not exactly a real title, nor was he sovereign over any country much less more than 5 as Prince William will be. Anna Nicole was a stripper that married a rich dude, yet her death deserves more media coverage than a joyous occasion such as a wedding? I guess that kind of proves the media is right on with focusing on gloom and doom, as we can't possibly have any kind of good happy news without bitching about how pointless and annoying it is

Also see US presidential election coverage-it's TONS more media blitz, as in the better part of a year, and that happens EVERY FOUR YEARS not every four decades.
                    And I'm not talking about covering debates, or candidate stands on issues, I'm talking about " Senator Obama stopped into a local pub in his campaign trail and had a beer" or " Senator Obama bowled a couple games at a local bowling alley" this last video was from 60 Minutes for pete's sake! in April 2008, that's 7 months before the election!
                    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
                      No they are duke and ducthess of Cambridge where I live, thankfully they don't have to live here too.
                      Damn I meant cambridge ..right now they are the duke and duchess of cambridge, would they retain THOSE titles if they became the prince of an princess of wales or does someone else get those titles....

sigh

Comment

Damn I meant cambridge ..right now they are the duke and duchess of cambridge, would they retain THOSE titles if they became the prince of an princess of wales or does someone else get those titles....

sigh
                        Someone a little lower on the ladder (eventual son, maybe) might pick it up.

Comment

Working...
                        X