No announcement yet.

Pro-life protesters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an uncle who is rabidly right-wing and pro-life, so I've learned to just let it roll off my fur. Doesn't mean I don't love finding ways to mess with em though.
    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 06-13-2011, 10:51 PM.
    "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Wait...correct me if I am wrong, but PP doesn't actually even perform abortions, right? They give referrals to providers. And I'm sure they're not in there trying to persuade all the pregnant ladies who come in to terminate; I bet you have to ask for information.

People are so ignorant it astounds me.

Comment

You're correct; they don't actually perform abortions and I have no idea how/why people think they do.
        Last edited by Dreamstalker; 06-15-2011, 01:11 PM.
        "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

stand opposite them with metal coat hangers waving them in the air, if they complain tell them you are filming a spoof of Birdemic

Comment

Supposedly (allegedly, whatever), PP will give you directions to the closest abortion clinic in the area. And, IIRC, allegedly (all this is said by the "pro-life" contingent), these abortion clinics give kick-backs to whatever PP sent the client to them.
            Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

You could find abortion clinics on google. Why aren't they protesting google yet?
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Because they wouldn't get to wave their signs and be quite be as visible...although I would love to see them try a DoS/defacing of Google or clinic sites and have the police come to their doors...

But if Google goes down, there are other search engines. So they would need to take down the entire internet...and I somehow doubt they have the skillz to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by anakhouri View Post
                  Wait...correct me if I am wrong, but PP doesn't actually even perform abortions, right? They give referrals to providers. And I'm sure they're not in there trying to persuade all the pregnant ladies who come in to terminate; I bet you have to ask for information.

People are so ignorant it astounds me.
                  That is correct, PP only gives referrals to providers for abortions. That's what these whackjobs have wrong as well as the fact that birth control pills are NOT abortion pills. Preventing an egg from being released doesn't equate to nor is it an abortion. RU-486 is an abortion pill, but can only be used in the early stages of pregnancy ( IIRC it is 8 weeks at the most). Huge freakin' difference between PREVENTING a pregnancy versus TERMINATING a pregnancy.
                  Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 06-14-2011, 06:58 PM.
                  There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
                    well with chicken eggs they are not fertilised so its not an abortion its menstural
                    I wonder how they would feel about balut (NSFW WARNING look up at your own risk, it's nasty).
                    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 06-15-2011, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamstalker View Post
                      I wonder how they would feel about balut (NSFW WARNING look up at your own risk, it's nasty).
                      I'm sure they wouldn't care since a balut isn't a human in any way, so it doesn't matter (Perhaps unless they were also members of PETA) Regardless of what they say, I don't think a lot of them care about saving lives, just the specific ones on their agenda.

Comment

I like chicken, I like egg's (I know this is Duck but ...) but I'm not too sure about at the same time.

Part of me now wants to invent a delecasy and then proclaim "Where am I to get foetus now for my x?" and see how big a fight starts, bit more grosser than "I like children, but I couldn't eat a whole one."

Makes me glad I don't know of any clinics in the area to see if they have pickets.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicsgoddess View Post
                          Huge freakin' difference between PREVENTING a pregnancy versus TERMINATING a pregnancy.
                          Actually to them, those are the same thing, (puts on pro-life attire complete with sign) "Your killing the potential babies, you should only be having sex to reproduce!!!!! DON"T YOU READ YOUR BIBLES!!!! HEATHENS"

I mean after all the bible says it so it might be true.... ever notice how logic, common sense are somewhat absent from this people? I mean after all at least in the states FREEDOM OF RELIGION, and the favorite thing I love is the militant pro-lifers you know the "HEY we GONNA KILL YOU!!!!!" sort of people, after all not like the bible says thou shalt not kill or anything.

Sort of a catch 22, I think it perfectly fine if you know your not ready to be a parent, unable to support a child, generally don't want kids to not have them forced onto you for the next 18years or make the rest of the tax payers foot the bill. Even worse is the rape victims who get bitched out for not wanting a reminder growing inside them.

Comment

Originally posted by insertNameHere View Post
                            Actually to them, those are the same thing, (puts on pro-life attire complete with sign) "Your killing the potential babies, you should only be having sex to reproduce!!!!! DON"T YOU READ YOUR BIBLES!!!! HEATHENS"
                            Maybe if these people had sex for fun they wouldn't have such a stick up their asses regarding others who don't hold onto the same puritanistic views

Comment

Originally posted by ExRetailDrone View Post
                              Maybe if these people had sex for fun they wouldn't have such a stick up their asses regarding others who don't hold onto the same puritanistic views
                              The vast majority of them likely already do and it hasn't helped.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by ExRetailDrone View Post
                                Them having sex would be worse. Since they won't abort their fetuses or embryos, they'll have to have give birth, which means they'll have to raise their children to be just as bad as they are. End result: more fanatics.
                                "You are a true believer. Blessings of the state, blessings of the masses. Thou art a subject of the divine. Created in the image of man, by the masses, for the masses. Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy more and be happy."
                                -- OMM 0000

Comment

Working...
                                X