Pro-life protesters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ipecac Drano View Post
    Them having sex would be worse. Since they won't abort their fetuses or embryos, they'll have to have give birth, which means they'll have to raise their children to be just as bad as they are. End result: more fanatics.
    Yes, this is true. And sadly, it already happens

A girl can dream that a romp in the hay would lighten up some of these assholes. Alas, reality gets in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by ExRetailDrone View Post
      Yes, this is true. And sadly, it already happens

A girl can dream that a romp in the hay would lighten up some of these assholes. Alas, reality gets in the way.
      I'm not going to waste a hay romp dream on those people...

You're right : that bad ol' reality tends to be an inconvenience for some people.
      "You are a true believer. Blessings of the state, blessings of the masses. Thou art a subject of the divine. Created in the image of man, by the masses, for the masses. Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy more and be happy."
      -- OMM 0000

Comment

I hate people like that. I really do.

If they started pulling the Bible shit, I'd be tempted to pull one out myself and set it on fire. That's how much I think of their Bible if it supposedly has all that stupid, narrow-minded shit in it.

Or I'd be like, "Oh you're right! You've convinced me! I'll abandon my newborn on the side of a road instead since I don't want it." [Coming from someone who's not pregnant and has no plans to be lol. ]

Seriously, I hate people.
        "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

Do they picket vacetomy clinics?

I know it's different, but hey "Think of all the babies you could have."

Comment

Or perhaps target masturbating men? Gasp! Potential lives washed down the sink! Murderers!
            "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Every sperm is sacred, don'tcha know?

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
                Or perhaps target masturbating men? Gasp! Potential lives washed down the sink! Murderers!
                Don't even get me started on the Catholic Churchs view on that.

Comment

I don't think just because someone is pro-life that they are necessarily people who protest at PP or quote the Bible or are religious extremists that see masturbation as wasteful.

I don't agree with the pro-life stance, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it's fair to paint them all as religious nuts who bomb abortion clinics.

Comment

Originally posted by Eisa View Post
                    If they started pulling the Bible shit, I'd be tempted to pull one out myself and set it on fire. That's how much I think of their Bible if it supposedly has all that stupid, narrow-minded shit in it.
                    Better yet, open it and ask them to show you specifically where it says that abortions are taboo, etc. It's not even covered.

However... If you want to find a passage that comes somewhat close to addressing when an embryo/fetus/baby is alive, you might find something in the Old Testament. I asked some of my Jewish friends about the Tanakh (which is where the Old Testament was taken) and they said that there is no scriptural reference to abortions whatsoever, and that the closest it comes is when they decide that a human is alive and that is after it's been born: Genesis 2:7
                    Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Originally posted by Eisa View Post
                    Or I'd be like, "Oh you're right! You've convinced me! I'll abandon my newborn on the side of a road instead since I don't want it."
                    Or, if people should ask where your hypothetical kid went to, you could say he was getting stoned.
                    "You are a true believer. Blessings of the state, blessings of the masses. Thou art a subject of the divine. Created in the image of man, by the masses, for the masses. Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy more and be happy."
                    -- OMM 0000

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                      I don't agree with the pro-life stance, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it's fair to paint them all as religious nuts who bomb abortion clinics.
                      Didn't you know that as soon as you mix religion into anything, that nobody can be moderate or considerate or have any dissenting viewpoint?

</sarcasm>

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I am Roman Catholic.

I do not believe abortions are acceptable.

HOWEVER:

In the cases of rape and incest, abortion may be used. The women should make their own choices in this matter. (Not all women want to raise their rapist's child - unlike the Criminal Minds episode, "Aftermath" I think, where married women, trying to get pregnant are raped and they're not sure if the baby is their husband's or their rapist's - that is a twisted episode).

If the life of the mother is in jeopardy, and the woman or man can communicate they want an abortion, then this should be permissible. In the case the mother can't say anything and the father of the baby isn't there/can't be contacted, the doctors should abort. (Then the woman can go forth again and try to be fruitful and multiply. *tongue in cheek right here*)

I believe we need more and better birth control (both male and female) for those who are having sex.

I believe in more and better sex education in the schools. (Teaching abstinence doesn't cut it). And yes, parents should be the "first line of defense" in teaching about sex, but let's face it, there are parents out there that say: "Sex? Don't do it!" and then leave it at that.

I remember that humans were given FREE WILL. They can do what they want because God has endowed them with a brain that thinks things through and they realize the consequences. Who can interfere with free will?

Just because I don't believe in abortion, doesn't mean my thoughts/views need to permeate everyone else. I am not the "Morality Police".

I prefer adoption. (My favorite maternal uncle is adopted. My father's 2 brothers and 1 sister were adopted. Plus I dated a guy who was adopted). However, if one doesn't go the adoption route, it's their decision (again made with free will).
                        Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

The problem with adoption is that it involves me being pregnant and carrying a parasite for nine months before giving birth. The thought fills me with terror; I'd sooner take a knife and cut the thing out of my stomach rather than endure that. Until someone either a) comes up with a 100% birth control pill or b) a way to ensure that a fetus can survive if removed from a womb; for example, an artificial womb, I'm going to have an abortion if my birth control methods fail.

Btw; I'm looking into having an IUS. Apparently, doctors prefer not to sterilise any more cuz it's major surgery.
                          "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

I'm not pro-life but I am more towards adoption than abortion. However, I really don't think harsh upon girls who choose abortion, especially those who didn't have a choice (rape) or were actively trying their hardest not to get pregnant.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                              I don't agree with pro-life either but don't think they're all crazy, however the rabid nutcases get the most press and thus tar everyone.
                              "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Originally posted by IDrinkaRum View Post
                                I am Roman Catholic.

*snip*

I believe we need more and better birth control (both male and female) for those who are having sex.

I believe in more and better sex education in the schools.
                                One of the problems is that your religion (and Christianity in general) is actively fighting those two things. I agree that better birth control and better sex ed are vital to this issue. But the Religious Right continue to stand in the way and legislatures are stripping women of their rights at an alarming rate. (I'm always amazed at the women who support these measures, "Yes, please take away my right to make my own medical decisions!!")

Comment

Working...
                                X