No announcement yet.

The Doonesbury "Say What?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Democrats see women as nothing but walking vaginas looking to have sex every chance they get, and then they go get an abortion whenever they need one or they gotta give 'em birth control pills or whatever. If you listen to your average liberal Democrat talk about women, that's it."

Rush Limbaugh

Typical Rush accusing democrats of attitudes the republicans are documented of having (in this case treating women like non entities). It'd be extremely offensive if it wasn't so common.

Comment

• "This is the last time I'm going to talk about my personal life in an American publication ever again."

Alec Baldwin in New York Magazine

Can't really say anything of value was lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
        "This is the last time I'm going to talk about my personal life in an American publication ever again."

Alec Baldwin in New York Magazine

Can't really say anything of value was lost.
        My condolences to all the other countries of the world.

Comment

• "I made a small investment in Bitcoin and it is actually enough that I could now retire if I wanted to. Overall, I've made about $800 per penny I've invested. It's insane."

Gavin Andresen, Bitcoin's chief scientist

And tomorrow it could all be worthless. Such is the issue withe the <blank>coin setups which I feel are just shy of ponzi schemes.

Comment

• Two issues with that last one:

1. Bitcoin's chief scientist bragging about the money he's made on Bitcoin? Can you say "Insider Trading"?

2. He's made around $800 per penny he's put into it? That's 80,000% return. At that point, there's minimal upside potential and LARGE downside potential. Time to sell out to lock in his profits. As he said, he's got enough to retire on. With what happened to Mt. Gox and a couple other exchanges, that's going to hit the value hard, so next week his bitcoin reserves might not be enough for dinner at Chez Ronald.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfie View Post
              1. Bitcoin's chief scientist bragging about the money he's made on Bitcoin? Can you say "Insider Trading"?
              Despite the <blank>coin sevices functioning similar to publicly traded stocks, they're not legally considered in that category and as such not bound by conventional law. If they were then they would have been shut down long ago due to their use in internet black markets.

Comment

• "Obama has released the homo demons on the black man. Look out black woman. A white homo may take your man."

sign posted by ATLAH Worldwide Missionary Church in Harlem

Oh wow, going for two shots of bigotry in one go. I'd be impressed if it wasn't so sad.

Comment

• "Treating our Constitution worse than a placemat at Denny's."

Sen. Mitch McConnell on President Obama

After all, running roughshod over the constitution is OUR right!

Comment

• "For an adult at a normal body mass index, or BMI, eating [the recommended] 5% [of total daily calories] would be around 25 grams of sugar -- or six teaspoons. That's less than is typically found in a single can of regular soda, which contains about 40 grams of sugar...The average American now consumes about three pounds [1360 grams] of sugar each week."

from CNN story on World Health Organization's draft guidelines on sugar consumption

Think about that the next time you crack open a can of soda.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
                      "For an adult at a normal body mass index, or BMI, eating [the recommended] 5% [of total daily calories] would be around 25 grams of sugar -- or six teaspoons. That's less than is typically found in a single can of regular soda, which contains about 40 grams of sugar...The average American now consumes about three pounds [1360 grams] of sugar each week."

from CNN story on World Health Organization's draft guidelines on sugar consumption

Think about that the next time you crack open a can of soda.
                      ...not to mention the average fountain soda or bottle of soda is far more than that. Given this data, that means the average American consumes about 10X their recommended sugar intake... provided they don't drink diet soda, of course.

Comment

• "I think the thing that is getting a little tiresome -- the gay community, they have so bullied the American people, and they've so intimidated politicians. The politicians fear them, so that they think they get to dictate the agenda everywhere."

Rep. Michele Bachmann

Oh no, it's like they actually think they're...
                        wait for it...
                        PEOPLE!!!

This is a travesty! We can't have the homos thinking they're actually important! The world will collapse!

(by the way, this is clearly sarcasm if you haven't clued in yet)

Comment

• You can pry my soda from my gold, dead hands.

//drinks diet. :P But seriously.

Comment

• "Very much like Nazi Germany...We now live in a society where people are afraid to say what they actually believe."

Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient and Fox News contributor Dr. Ben Carson, on America

And once again, Fox goes for the Godwin.

Comment

• "The hard left, human-hating people that run modern universities...should all be taken out and shot."

Austin Ruse of the Catholic Family and Human Rights Institute

And there's a that "we love all people" attitude the bible thumpers just love to spread.

Comment

• Is Ruse his surname? Because I'm having a hard time reading the name of that quango as anything but a 'Ruse of the...' >_>

Comment

Working...
                                X